Quantcast

renorider40

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
via PM

renorider40 said:
hey guess what most of the 50 year old roadies you ride with are on road bikes which would make it a little easier you ass. not to mention the fact that road bikers train to go fast and be good climbers. The people in this forum probably don't.

So the point is don't go making fun of people that are better than you.

thank you for pointing out, roadies ride road bikes :thumb:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
that "funny roadie story" thread where a bunch of people were saying how they can/have easily drop roadies (most were on their mtn bike when they did this), so I said:

when playing drop the roadie game........most of the 50 year old plus roadies I ride with would school at least 90% of the riders in this forum

I totally bust my ass and either barely can keep up (thank god for stop signs), or get dropped.........and this is on a fun group ride

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
Oh, so this stalker dude just clarified that road rides are usually on road bikes? Gotcha. So that's what I've been doing wrong on the road...

yup, I am glad he clarified that for me. What a nice guy.

But if I ride my road bike on the road what will I now do with my DH bike?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
LOL!!! I actually passed a roadie on my MTB on Tuesday night. We were going down a little hill and up the other side and I just had much more speed going into the whole down-up climb that I went around him. Trust me, he was not any type of road-racer (although he did have a nice Bianchi), but I had a big smile on my face for the rest of my ride :D

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I am not passing many roadies on my mtb too often.

but the other day when i did the century all the roadie riders had to unclip and walk down about 30 steps to get to the bike path along the shore. This of course caused major congestion on the steps and a 70 person line to get down the steps. Being familiar with the area.. I knew that there was a downhill dirt path that went down along side of the steps.. I carefully road through the line of people and dropped in down to the shore. i could here some of the roadies saying wow look at that guy!!!! as they continued to walk in line

Thats one advantage of having a mtb

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
YEAY for rhodies!!!!!

hey i've got my mtb again tonight. My goal is to piss of 3 rhodies. i'm going to wear baggies and a tshirt and my shoes without socks and maybe my helmet on backwards.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
The Toninator said:
YEAY for rhodies!!!!!

hey i've got my mtb again tonight. My goal is to piss of 3 rhodies. i'm going to wear baggies and a tshirt and my shoes without socks and maybe my helmet on backwards.
lol

please post pics

thankyou

splat

Nam I am
loco said:
I thought it was lame to post PMs.
only when you do it .

On my Commute on my Road bike, I saw caught and Passed another roadie , and I didn't relize for close to 5 miles he was trying to recatch me but was unable to. when I relized it for the next 5 I put the jets on and he was just losing ground, till finally he was out of sight . Ahh the fun of being a roadie! plus drafting an SUV at 50+ on a down hill was fun too!