Quantcast

Rep Comments: God's gift to Monkeys...

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
God's gift. So entertaining when you're bored. And they don't pollute your threads, wait, kinda. But not in a non-grammatically correct way.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
I think that they're a great outlet for fragile cowards who can't sack up and reply within a thread.

The anonymity allows these delicate little flowers to express their hurt feelings without fear of their idiocy being held up to the virtual light of day.

I think it's funny.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
justsomeguy said:
I think that they're a great outlet for fragile cowards who can't sack up and reply within a thread.

The anonymity allows these delicate little flowers to express their hurt feelings without fear of their idiocy being held up to the virtual light of day.

I think it's funny.

I agree. The board itself is anonymous if you want, so I don't see the point. And if the points eventually lead to t-shirts or something, the bitching and moaning by those with negative rep will only get worse.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
OGRipper said:
I agree. The board itself is anonymous if you want, so I don't see the point. And if the points eventually lead to t-shirts or something, the bitching and moaning by those with negative rep will only get worse.
No t-shirts!?!

This is an OUTRAGE! :mumble:

:cool:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
OGRipper said:
Maybe it's those of us in the red that shall be rewarded........... :D

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
justsomeguy said:

I think it's funny.
I agree 100%.
I got some bad rep the other day from a post just because they disagreed with my opinion.
Leaving somebody bad rep, and then leaving the comment field blank is gheyer than Elton John in a giant pink hat playing with My Little Pony dolls.
I would have much rather heard, "Hey Azzhole, you're wrong.........."
You know our society is getting soft when people are too feeble to even play internet tough guy.:help:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Why does anyone care?

They just exist. So what? I've signed all the comments I've made, but those who have such contempt for the comments shouldn't even be looking at their reputation. Those who do care, can.

Besides, it's new and it'll all settle down in a few weeks.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Jeremy R said:
I agree 100%.
I got some bad rep the other day from a post just because they disagreed with my opinion.
Leaving somebody bad rep, and then leaving the comment field blank is gheyer than Elton John in a giant pink hat playing with My Little Pony dolls.
I would have much rather heard, "Hey Azzhole, you're wrong.........."
You know our society is getting soft when people are too feeble to even play internet tough guy.:help:
thanks for the sig...i'd credit you but it runs over the 100 character limit. :mumble:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
My banana hammock thread didn't even last long enough for a response, let alone negative disapproval.

It was gone in a matter of minutes.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
Here's perfect example. I love it!

"Rep Comments: God's gift... 05-05-2006 06:37 PM annonymous just to annoy you"

This poor sap is confusing annoyance with amusement.

Long live the rep thingy.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
binary visions said:
Why does anyone care?

They just exist. So what? I've signed all the comments I've made, but those who have such contempt for the comments shouldn't even be looking at their reputation. Those who do care, can.

Besides, it's new and it'll all settle down in a few weeks.
Says the man who has reached the Holy Grail. :rolleyes:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
now this is classic...someone gave me negative rep for this post for 'plagiarizing Jeremy R'.

either that's anti-humor at it's finest, or someone needs to push their IQ past room temp.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
narlus said:
now this is classic...someone gave me negative rep for this post for 'plagiarizing Jeremy R'.

either that's anti-humor at it's finest, or someone needs to push their IQ past room temp.
It's anti-humor. I'll make sure to spread some love around.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
narlus said:

THAT is fvcking funny!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have signed all my reps, good or bad. I like the idea of telling someone they either suck or don't without a pointless post of "wow, you suck :thumb: "

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
O.K. - so I haven't really delved into this whole "Rep" thing until now...

Just checked my Monkey account and I saw the comments which were cool - so a green square is positive... but what does a purple square mean???

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I believe grey means that whoever left it has a crappy enough reputation score that it does not have an effect on you. I've never gotten purple. It works on a sliding scale.

Anyway, back to another one of RM's inept ideas. When is Pinkbike buying RM?

pvfjr

Chimp
Apr 28, 2006
Tacoma, WA
Well when I see someone with lots of red posting in one of my threads, it just tells me that I'm getting an honest, straight to the point answer. That's usually what pisses people off anyway, but I appreciate a real answer.