Quantcast

Repainting VPfree - ideas?

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
Ok, so i bought myself a used VPfree frame on fleabay, and im looking at repainting it cause im a bike whore like that. Im looking to see if anyone has some sweet suggestions as to what colors/pattern to paint it with. Im a pretty decent painter, but i wouldn't want to use more than 4 colors total simply because im lazy and don't feel like cleaning the damn spray gun that many times. :rofl: Im fairly sure i want to paint the swingarm linkages a color that really pops out in contrast to the rest of the frame, but i just have not decided yet. Suggestions would be bueno.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I have always been partial to the simpler paint jobs.

Like two main colors font and rear with a couple inch wide strip between them of another color.

I would pick Red over Black any day.

If it is simple and clean, then it is :thumb: in my book.

Rhino

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Orange/blue(or green), Red/blue, Silver/red look good. Using complimentry colors will make the bike pop out and look very unique.

R

richcreek

Do a silver-fade-to-red or orange that would look sweet.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
I thought this was a pretty cool paint job. I tend to get really simple paint jobs though. My Planet X is black with a bit of red in the logo and a red brake booster and red headset. Now to get a red CK hub for it. :love: My Bullit is all black as well.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
hell, as an powner of a vpfree myself, the only suggestion I have is to slap a pic on here of the finished product.

Flame job....... think white trash, rollerderby, flame job!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morryjg said:
I thought this was a pretty cool paint job. I tend to get really simple paint jobs though. My Planet X is black with a bit of red in the logo and a red brake booster and red headset. Now to get a red CK hub for it. :love: My Bullit is all black as well.

My old Bullit, that is such a great color in the sunlight. The metal flake doesn't shine in pictures the way it does in person.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Changleen said:
Oh gross that's Burburry. Don't you know why that's 'cool'? (Actually it's not!)

www.chavscum.co.uk

No not burburry it was my feable attempt to throw a Mike Watt reference into the mix.

I've spent enough time in West Yorkshire to know why Burburry ain' t cool. :agree: