Quantcast

Replaced my truck with this....

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
after my truck so graciously combusted i was in need of a dependable vehicle.

so i bought dickiesbike1's little beater subaru :thumb:

94 Legacy wagon with rebuilt motor (40k miles-ish), new clutch and brakes. AWD and handles like a friggin dream. helluva lot better than my non-power-steering S-10. and it was well within my budget :thumb:

it's a beater on the outside but has a killer motor and i think i'm going to have it painted. a nice shiny coat of black paint will make it pretty friggin sweet.

so now i have what i needed. a car that gets good gas mileage, can carry the kids if the van is out of commission and can easily haul the bikes and gear.

here's a crappy pic of it from after a winter night downhill race we went to. who knew that i'd be driving it just 4 months later :cool:

my wife had to make an emergency trip to FL and she took the camera but i'll snag some better pics when she gets back. you have to see the bond-o on the back to fully appreciate the manimalistic styling of this beauty :thumb:

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Its a good look for you. It will be strange seeing one of those devoid of hippy stickers though. Beware, if it gets greenie tagged... it wasnt me:rolleyes:

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
ukjason said:
is that snow?
That would be hell freezing over. :p

Who whudda think it, Manimal - a lesbian? Boogles the mind.

Enjoy it, they are great little cars. If your a do it yourselfer, this site has useful info. [keep an eye on your cv boots]

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
BuddhaRoadkill said:
That would be hell freezing over. :p

Who whudda think it, Manimal - a lesbian? Boogles the mind.

Enjoy it, they are great little cars. If your a do it yourselfer, this site has useful info. [keep an eye on your cv boots]
lol! i got the lesbian comments at work the other day. funny thing is that my capt. is a militant lesbian and drives a newer outback :rofl:

i suppose i'll have to get this t-shirt in sticker form

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
manimal said:
lol! i got the lesbian comments at work the other day. funny thing is that my capt. is a militant lesbian and drives a newer outback :rofl:

i suppose i'll have to get this t-shirt in sticker form
Fixed:

When I got my roo, the lesbian comment was the first thing anyone said. :rofl: Hadn't even noticed until then, but it's a fairly accurate stereotype.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
My brother always asks if I come back to find my Subaru parked in the opposite direction from another Subaru next to it...cuz, you know, it's a lesbian.

I thought of that today when we were overtaken by a Plymouth Vibe.

MD