Quantcast

Report 12hrs of LODI FARM

mikec918

Chimp
Aug 22, 2001
Virginia
Well Sub6 and I did the 12Hr of LODI Farm near Fredricksburg Va Over the Past weekend. The race started a Midnight Saturday. The course was 7.5 miles rolling wooded single track which was he great shape despite the rains Saturday morning. The weather was a bit chilling around 44 degrees for the start which didn't help my chest cold. Sub6 start first and turned in a great lap of around 45 mins being on of the first half dozen rider to finish. I went out a turned in a 1.5hr lap while trying not to hack up my lung. Sub6 ran into light problems on his second lap so he had to double back for a sparelight. He still turned in a good time of 1.3 hrs. Then I took off for my second lap and dajavue halfway into it my lights went. Lucky the sun started coming about 15 mins later so I had enuff light to finish the lap in about 1.75 hrs. The remaining 5 laps went with out incident Sub 6 did his 3 in about 1 hour each while I pulled mine in around 1:20.

We finished around 7th out of 10 Duo teams.

I had a supertime despite my chest could which I beleive only slowed me down a little, Hell I'm just old slow guy.

If Any need a competive rider for a 24hr event SUB6 is your man.

Tom and the guys down at BikeWorks in Fredericksburg put on a great race over 200 riders showed to compete in the solo, duo and 3 person teams including riders as far away as Mass.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Bummer about your lights.:(

The 12 hour race here in So Cal is 7am to 7pm so we don't even use lights...midnight to noon sounds tough.

Glad you had fun, will you do it again? Pictures?

mikec918

Chimp
Aug 22, 2001
Virginia
Yes I would do it again. I'm still trying to get on a Team for the 24hrs of SnowShoe. Pictures are coming this weekend.

sub6

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
williamsburg, va
Yeah, that was a BLAST! My ass is still killing me though; I gotta look into that. It was my first endurance race so I guess I was caught a little off-guard (lights, butt, dehydration, etc etc).

And yeah, it was HELLA cold.

I think I might be able to post one or two pics tonite; the g/f took a couple but spent most of the race asleep in her car! She was kinda cranky; she's still in the "you owe me big for that one" phase......

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
Well done you's twos. Hey Sub6, if it's any consolation I'm in the same one down position with my wife too. The 12 hour sounds even more enticing than a 24 in some ways. I could see doing a 2 or 3 person team. No way would I want to do a 24 with less than 4 tho. Some of the lights out there at Laguna Seca were just amazing. I also saw lots of people in the middle of bum f**k nowhere out there without any lights at all. That has to be brutal. Good strong effort you guys. Good luck in Snowshoe!

sub6

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
williamsburg, va
Yeah, she didn't take too many. Although there were (oddly) three of me asleep in the car during MikeC's lap....

Here's Mike and I conferring post-race:

And here's me riding in after crossing the finish I guess; not exactly sure when this was:

Me looking kinda dejected; I dunno what's up with this pic. I think I'm about to sneeze or something....

SO, not terribly impressive pic-wise but at least she's well rested!!!

-dan