Quantcast

Report On Mountain Bikes.

Jayman1692

Chimp
Apr 5, 2006
They everyone, i just needed a litle help. BAsically im comparing moutain and road bikes - and relating it to science ( gears etc )
Im dividing it into categories.
Brakes
Wheels
Materal ( body )
Gears
Durability
Can anyone help out with some links or just a breif explaintion of those in a average mountain bike., Like for brakes - how they work? or etc. Anything you have to say is great. Thanks.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
maxyedor said:
That is such basic information that you should be ashamed for not doing this by yourself.
uhh, it's basic for us cuz we ride, but this guy made his FIRST post... maybe he knows nothing about bikes?

I'd answer, but I simply don't care :)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
LordOpie said:
uhh, it's basic for us cuz we ride, but this guy made his FIRST post... maybe he knows nothing about bikes?

I'd answer, but I simply don't care :)
This is a medium to advanced bike site. His questions are so basic, it really cannot be answered here.

How is that for a serious answer?

I was going to write, road parts work best on road bikes, which work best on the road...

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
maxyedor said:
I,m a beginer race car driver, but I can look up the differences between Porche and Ferrari all by myself.
And Google will suggest Porsche, instead of Porche.

This internet thing is going to catch on one of these days!

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
justsomeguy said:
And Google will suggest Porsche, instead of Porche.

This internet thing is going to catch on one of these days!
You don't have to make fun of my spelling, I do that myself! I learned long ago that I and useless as a speller and untill RM has spell check my most may have errors.:bomb:

Jayman1692

Chimp
Apr 5, 2006
Unbelieve you freaking retards. " i just dont care" w.e f off. Thanks for being nice. You could have atleast said to easy try this site. But no, be rude. Karma man. God willmake sure you all burn in hell. BURN BABY BURN

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Jayman1692 said:
Unbelieve you freaking retards. " i just dont care" w.e f off. Thanks for being nice. You could have atleast said to easy try this site. But no, be rude. Karma man. God willmake sure you all burn in hell. BURN BABY BURN
You missed the boat on that one - everyone on RM is already going to hell. Except Heath Sherratt. I get the impression he's ok.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
Jayman1692 said:
Do your parents know that you are being really stupid on the internet?

p.s. to easy try this site. Happy now?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Jayman1692 said:
heh heh heh heh heh

:rofl:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Radarr said:
You missed the boat on that one - everyone on RM is already going to hell. Except Heath Sherratt. I get the impression he's ok.
Andyman's not going to hell... he's a good Jew.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Jayman1692 said:
I was just thinking to myself "Self you sort-of came off as an ass in that thread, why not appologize and ask him to be more specific? help the guy out, share some knowledge, ect"
Then I saw that post and I thought to myself "Self you were right this kid must be one of those SB retards"
Then I went to drink a beer and do some research on the computer I want to buy all by my self.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Maybe it would have gone a little bit better if it was like this...

[Jayman1692] You guys are an unbelievable wealth of knowledge. Thanks for being nice. I'm coming back to this site every day. No rudeness here, just good karma man. God will make sure you shine in His Light. BURN BABY BURN, Disco Inferno!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i see alot of people thinking they're funny but really just coming off as assholes. People on here are getting to act like a bunch of high school varsity fags.

In case you wonder why i even bother, i enjoy Ridemonkey being a place where people are "cool" with each other. Maybe you have to suppress alot of your feeling at work or at home to make you wanna be a complete dick to people on the net, so please go get whipped in leather, or go kill people at a postal office. Whatever it is you people do, just try to be a little nicer to people, especially newbs....

Skookum said:
i see alot of people thinking they're funny but really just coming off as assholes. People on here are getting to act like a bunch of high school varsity fags.

In case you wonder why i even bother, i enjoy Ridemonkey being a place where people are "cool" with each other. Maybe you have to suppress alot of your feeling at work or at home to make you wanna be a complete dick to people on the net, so please go get whipped in leather, or go kill people at a postal office. Whatever it is you people do, just try to be a little nicer to people, especially newbs....
:stupid: I think that ragging on each other has gotten real stale.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
johnbryanpeters said:
:stupid: I think that ragging on each other has gotten real stale.
It is funny to give the regulars the piss on here, you know, the locos and robdamanii's of the board, but I agree that this place would no longer look friendly to someone just coming in for the first time. If feel at least partially responsible for that.

J

JRB

By "give me a break", I don't mean that I should be given a "break" like Stinky got. I just want that on record. :think:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Jayman1692 said:
I'm all for being nice and helping someone out, but you better show up with at least an intelligent question.

Your first post came off as though you had done NO research of your own and were just relying on others to get the info. That’s lazy. If you searched around the internet for about 20 minutes you could probably have gotten more than enough information.

Then when you get a specific question - Ask here b/c there is a wealth of knowledge on this board.

But, as Skookum pointed out, maybe we were being a bit harsh. So, try out this site – it has a TON of useful information: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/