Quantcast

Reprieve!

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Thanks to the craptastic real estate market in downtown Denver, the wife and I have decided to take the house off the market, refinance with a nice low fixed-rate morgage and hang out here in Denver until the market is such that we can sell for a decent profit. This means that we won't be moving back to St. Louis any time soon!

I am NOT looking forward to telling our parents that we won't be back any time soon...

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
stinkyboy said:
The Phoenix market is dying now too.

You were hoping to leave Denver for St Louis?! That's crazy talk!
"Hoping" is not quite the right word. More like "lamenting". It was the wife's idea to go back for family. I was just along for the ride. With our 2nd daughter only 1.5 months away and the house not even close to selling, it was a great time to mention to the wife that we could lock in at 5.625 and ride this market out for a while. :sneaky:

Flakey Jake

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Chico
"just along for the ride?" come on buddy, grow some backbone! Now I certainly don't know you or your wife and her family, but moving so the wife can be close to the family isn't always in your immediate families' best interest.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Flakey Jake said:
"just along for the ride?" come on buddy, grow some backbone! Now I certainly don't know you or your wife and her family, but moving so the wife can be close to the family isn't always in your immediate families' best interest.
Gosh, thanks for your insightful contribution Jakey... :thumb:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
ROCKLAND said:
Parents, schmarents - they can always visit. You get to keep the trails. Horray! :thumb:
:stupid:

My wife always occasionally talks wistfully about moving back to the Midwest to be near the grandparents, but I tell her that the reality of such a situation would be *nowhere* near as "nice" as the fantasy.

It's the Midwest fer krissakes. :D

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
SkaredShtles said:
Sweet! Shall we celebrate by riding Indian Creek say the morning of September 4th? That's the Sunday of Labor Day weekend. Come on - you know you want to do it........... :D
I'd love to join you except that I will be in Vegas that weekend. Its crazy that I've lived here over 5 years and we've never ridden together. I swear I'll give you the chance to kick my butt one of these days...

I've never ridden Indian Creek. Where is it? Is it a day trip?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
pixelninja said:
I'd love to join you except that I will be in Vegas that weekend. Its crazy that I've lived here over 5 years and we've never ridden together. I swear I'll give you the chance to kick my butt one of these days...
Kick your butt? :think: Probably not. Remember - I have 3 kids under 5. :D

I've never ridden Indian Creek. Where is it? Is it a day trip?
Should take about 4/5 hours - right out of Waterton Canyon. 'Round 30 miles. Great singletrack most of the time. Ever done the Colorado Trail to the Platte & back out of Waterton? 'Nother great long ride.

Oh - Squeak could probably do Indian Creek in 2 hours. He pounded me into *submission* when we rode IC together. :dead:

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
SkaredShtles said:
Should take about 4/5 hours - right out of Waterton Canyon. 'Round 30 miles. Great singletrack most of the time. Ever done the Colorado Trail to the Platte & back out of Waterton? 'Nother great long ride.
I've done just a bit of the CO trail out of Waterton canyon by mistake. We meant to do the Roxborough loop, but missed the turn and ended up riding a few miles on the CO trail before realizing our mistake.

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
SkaredShtles said:
Kick your butt? :think: Probably not. Remember - I have 3 kids under 5. :D

Oh - Squeak could probably do Indian Creek in 2 hours. He pounded me into *submission* when we rode IC together. :dead:
Not this year :) I am semi out of shape :dead:

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
SkaredShtles said:
Ummm...... yeah. This weekend is Labor Day, right? This Sunday. I was thinking about getting rolling about 7:30. Like to finish by noon.

I know that finish time will be easy for you. :dead: :p
Intrested. Well talk more this week! I was just up there last week and was thinking about that IC ride. I dunno if I could find my way, you knew it pretty well. :)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Squeak said:
Intrested. Well talk more this week! I was just up there last week and was thinking about that IC ride. I dunno if I could find my way, you knew it pretty well. :)
That's because I got lost as $hit the first time I rode it. :D

Let me know whenever. You could always start about 40 minutes after us and catch up to us at the dam. :p