Quantcast

RepublicanCare®

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
AKA, The Go Fuck Yourself and Die Early, Proles Act.

The plan endorsed by House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), by contrast, offers less financial assistance to low-income people, likely resulting in millions of Americans losing the health coverage they have today, and provides tax credits to people with higher incomes. The bill scraps key consumer protections.

And, crucially, the legislation is a vehicle for massive tax cuts for rich people and corporations, paid for by slashing assistance to poor and middle-class people.

In sum, the GOP health care legislation falls far short of President Donald Drumpf’s promises of “insurance for everybody.” Just what the effects of this bill would be on the federal budget and the number of Americans with health coverage isn’t yet known, because House Republican leaders are poised to move the measure forward before the scorekeepers at the Congressional Budget Office have made an assessment. And the bill doesn’t say how it would pay for its spending after scrapping the taxes that financed the Affordable Care Act.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Remember in school, when you would have to write an essay, and it had to be a minimum number of pages long?

Conservatism: The deep, paralyzing fear, that somebody, somewhere, is getting something they don't deserve.
can i refer to those pages as the "Bootstraps Contingency"?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
in that the gubmint needs a contingency plan on how to fuck someone on the off chance they actually manage to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. or in this case, a statistically insignificant chance of occurrence.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Remember in school, when you would have to write an essay, and it had to be a minimum number of pages long?

Conservatism: The deep, paralyzing fear, that somebody, somewhere, is getting something they don't deserve.
They are being offered the Freedom to choose between dying and crippling medical debt. Why do you hate that Freedom so much?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
"I don't know what they're doing at this point," Garthwaite said, referring to the overall GOP replacement plan. "And I say that as a lifetime Republican.

"What we're getting is a poorly thought out program that appears to be written by people that have no knowledge of how the health insurance market or system works," he said.
Huh...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Let's see how this stacks up against his original claims, cause, after all, who knew health insurance could be so complicated?

Insurance for everybody: Nope

Much less expensive: Check?

Much better: Nope

Beautifully covered: Nope

1/4 is bigly-league stuff guys. Especially when that 1 will never even receive an analysis from the CBO to determine the real-world impact.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/gop-leaders-push-health-care-bill-amid-rank-file-opposition-n730246

Tuesday's leadership push also comes as conservative groups with deep pockets and millions of activist members have signaled their opposition to the replacement bill, putting more pressure on jittery Republicans.

Related: New GOP Health Care Bill Has Host of Critics

The complaints coming from Republicans cut across the party's ideological fissures. Small-government conservatives have criticized it as another version of Obamacare. They say that the age-based tax credits to help people purchase health insurance are no different from the income-based subsidies currently offered through the Affordable Care Act.

"This is not the Obamacare repeal bill we've been waiting for. It is a missed opportunity and a step in the wrong direction," said Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, adding that it was a "missed opportunity" to go big and bold.

What also concerns these conservatives, many of whom are members of the tea-party minded Freedom Caucus, is that it's not a full repeal of the Affordable Care Act, noting that it keeps in place the Medicaid expansion until 2020 and doesn't actually get rid of the Obamacare exchanges. And they see little evidence that it will actually lower health care costs.

"Our plea: Repeal and replace with a patient-centered, doctor-centered plan," said Rep, Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, and member of the Freedom Caucus, which has a membership of about 40 Republicans. Some of these conservative members have authored their own replacement bill, and they want it introduced alongside the House leadership bill.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
People profiting off your cancer. How could this ever go wrong?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I like that the Republicans standing up to oppose this bill are the ones who think it's too generous. I can't possibly fathom any scenario under which their constituents are sitting there thinking to themselves, what a swell guy, he's really got my back and fighting for my right to have even worse healthcare.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I like that the Republicans standing up to oppose this bill are the ones who think it's too generous. I can't possibly fathom any scenario under which their constituents are sitting there thinking to themselves, what a swell guy, he's really got my back and fighting for my right to have even worse healthcare.
the problem they're facing (and I"m sure they realize) is that they're pretty much fucked no matter what they do. writing it to please one (or several) interest group won't work. there's literally no way they can make the GOP, their donors, their corporate overlords, Spray Tan Khan, religious groups, and their constituents happy.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Well since the repubs see the insurance companies as their constituents, I am sure they are delighted.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
If the GOP were a general contractor and you hired them to remodel your kitchen, they would tear the whole house down with only a doodle on a napkin for blueprints and fail to order building materials.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
kind of disappointed they didn't use "bigly"
That's part 2. It's so tremendous and beautiful.

I'd say part 3 would be entitled "Cream Your Wrangler Jeans for Healthcare 2017" but we all know spilling seed for non-procreational purposes (unless its a bathroom stall at a rest stop) is a big no-no.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
If the GOP were a general contractor and you hired them to remodel your kitchen, they would tear the whole house down with only a doodle on a napkin for blueprints and fail to order building materials.
And then they'd say you're better off because you have more freedom to experience the elements.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Then sell the land to an oil company.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Aww, the first time you got off your dumb ass and voted? And it didnt work out so well for you? You poor thing...go back to your trailer and think about it...

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/55-year-time-voter-chose-trump-protests-large/story?id=45991134
They say you can't put a price on Freedom, but, in this case, the Freedom to choose will cost Martha an extra $5,188 a year. Isn't there something so refreshing about having your health decisions in your own hands?

The ACA wasn't perfect by any means, but I hope that this battle illuminates just how broken the system is. When our country spends as much as we do for healthcare and derives so little benefit, it's a clear indication that the same old just isn't good enough. Luckily I'm still healthy at this point, but I feel bad for those battling chronic conditions or who may be diagnosed with a care-intensive ailment in the near future.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
They say you can't put a price on Freedom, but, in this case, the Freedom to choose will cost Martha an extra $5,188 a year. Isn't there something so refreshing about having your health decisions in your own hands?

The ACA wasn't perfect by any means, but I hope that this battle illuminates just how broken the system is. When our country spends as much as we do for healthcare and derives so little benefit, it's a clear indication that the same old just isn't good enough. Luckily I'm still healthy at this point, but I feel bad for those battling chronic conditions or who may be diagnosed with a care-intensive ailment in the near future.
she just needs to pull herself up by her bootstraps

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I wonder who I talk to about having our Democratic representatives re-enact the Cersei shaming scene from Game of Thrones when the Republicans walk this bill down the aisle for vote.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
$54B military budget...yet we cannot ensure that our people are healthy and educated.

A truly strong nation comes from an educated and healthy populace, and I would certainly rather buy books and bandages than bombs and bullets.

But thats just me...

EDIT: Add to that $14B for his verkakte wall...

Last edited: