Quantcast

request..top 10 ways to grip flat pedals??

Dunc

Chimp
Jul 1, 2009
2nd season of DH, switched to flats this year, many years of clipless XC. Have 5.10's so i don't slip. Love being able to drop a foot in the loose off camber stuff, a little chicken ****e of jumps and drops over 3' after getting a trail beating this past week. Ran clipless last year and would just hop up with the jumps and fly but not being connect had one foot coming off, then the pedals rotated, then the rebound sent me OTB and off doing a superman tree grab.

I'm I missing the technique!? I've dropped my front heal and back toes to try and grip but what else is?

Asking for some quick tips on how to keep it together so I can charge for more airtime.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Practice practice practice.

I've heard somewhere before that when riding flats vs clipless, a little less (faster) rebound helps for flats.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Just practice. I've ridden flats for 11 years before I tried to go on flats on my dj bike(no I wasn't riding my dj bike with clips, just built it up). Took some time but now I feel comfortable on it. Now I even feel more comfortable on dh even though I still ride clipped.
Make a nice jump somewhere close to your house and hit it until you nail it.