Quantcast

Resizing images for posting

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Well, I am officially the last person in the world to buy a digital camera. On Saturday I picked up an HP R727 point & shoot, primarily so I can finally catalog my bike trips. The problem I'm having is re-sizing the images so I can post them, mine are about 1.5 MB and 2800x2100 which doesn't work here. There must be someway to resize the pics after I've already shot them, right?

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
Your camera should have came with software to do this. Look for HP Photo and Imaging Director. You can go to sites such as www.photobucket.com and upload your photos. To post them here just copy the url from the pic into the thread.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
http://www.irfanview.com

Download & install it. You can do all of your image resizing with it quickly and easily, instead of loading up whatever mediocre program came with the software.

I usually resize my web images to 800x600, and save them at about 85% quality.

I second the suggestion on Photobucket. They just upgraded their free accounts to a ton more space.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
btw, if you have Microsoft Office installed, there should be a very nice picture editor, which I use to resize my images...

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
binary visions said:
http://www.irfanview.com

Download & install it. You can do all of your image resizing with it quickly and easily, instead of loading up whatever mediocre program came with the software.

I usually resize my web images to 800x600, and save them at about 85% quality.

I second the suggestion on Photobucket. They just upgraded their free accounts to a ton more space.
I'm w/ BV on this. I've been using irFan for years. It's nice and compact and does a lot of the rudimentary things most ppl need. Plus it's free and can read just about any file format.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Hmm... I knew about the XP Powertoy, but I'm curious what kind of resampling routine it uses. Transcend, you're a photo guy - what do you think of the resampling routine? IrfanView's is great, best I've seen outside of Photoshop or a specialized image resizer like GenuineFractals.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
binary visions said:
Hmm... I knew about the XP Powertoy, but I'm curious what kind of resampling routine it uses. Transcend, you're a photo guy - what do you think of the resampling routine? IrfanView's is great, best I've seen outside of Photoshop or a specialized image resizer like GenuineFractals.
When I use my pc for things, i use the powertoy for everything. It looks pretty damn good, I'd say as good as photoshop resizes.