Quantcast

Resume writing

yeah....I've pared down my older jobs to maybe two lines. Most recent has lots of detail....but I DO wear many hats....so it's not fluff.

But it ends up around 2.5 pages.
It's an odd game, from the point of view of the job seeker or the people seeking to fill the position. I think that one page would be just fine, no matter the average.

If you are seeking a particular job, I think it's best to pare it down to the absolute minimum. As an interviewer, I care if you have the skill set, including experience, training and attitude. I will skim through the employment history looking for continuity (did you omit the employer who fired you?). If there is a discontinuity I will ask you about it.

While it is an interesting tale, I am not interested in your early history as a truck driver and welder, except perhaps at the tail end of the interview when we get to telling yarns.

Likewise, I don't care about all the wonderful things you can do that are incidental to my purpose.

YMMV

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Ok another question. I'm up over the 16+ year mark now in my career (which is a scary thought to me)

But do you think my resume is allowed to spill into a 3rd page?
My mom is a high level tech recruiter, and helps me with mine. She doesn't look at anything longer than 2 hardly ever. 1 page is really ideal.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
1-2 pages. Know your audience and adjust accordingly, while still having a base general document for whoring out if life says you need to do such a thing.