Quantcast

Retard Feature???

J

JRB

Rather than put someone on "Ignore" that is just simply dumb. Not saying it's mack or price or anyone else in particular, but I have an idea. Code could be written so that someone on "Retard" could post and filters would transform their jibberish into a coherent post. I think it should be available to premium members for sure. :thumb:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
loco said:
Rather than put someone on "Ignore" that is just simply dumb. Not saying it's mack or price or anyone else in particular, but I have an idea. Code could be written so that someone on "Retard" could post and filters would transform their jibberish into a coherent post. I think it should be available to premium members for sure. :thumb:
If they can not filter out a simple six letter word that begis with n and ends in r that most people find offensive......

But as a Premium member I'd have the retard function, I'd rather they add another word to their filter.

J

JRB

stevew said:
If they can not filter out a simple six letter word that begis with n and ends in r that most people find offensive......

But as a Premium member I'd have the retard function, I'd rather they add another word to their filter.
I'm not as suprised that it's not filtered as I am that someone chose to use it.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
priceseliger14 said:
My posts are coherent. Mack's posts are getting better, but those damn kids from SB are driving me CRAZY!
I think loco is getting outta line again, wed better have another 15 min ass clown thread. :thumb:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
priceseliger14 said:
Are those the ones where me and you just insult people and eachother for about 15 minutes then we almost get banned or our thread gets deleted?
They were the ones where you post your taste in leather goods.

J

JRB

In retrospect, there is no amount of programming that can unretard those two. If there was, I am sure it would take more mainframe to run it than we could come up with. :think:

J

JRB

You do know that some businesses still run them, right??? You do know that they are still powerful, right??? I actually was an operator at my last job.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
loco said:
You do know that some businesses still run them, right??? You do know that they are still powerful, right??? I actually was an operator at my last job.
:D Bwhahaha! Awesome! I've only ever seen them in crinkled black and white photos myself, so I guess you're lucky to have lived through that era. Can you teach me the Jitterbug? :D ;)

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Google:

"No standard web pages containing all your search terms were found.

Your search - Mainframe - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

- Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
- Try different keywords.
- Try more general keywords.
- Try fewer keywords."

:D

J

JRB

Changleen said:
:D Bwhahaha! Awesome! I've only ever seen them in crinkled black and white photos myself, so I guess you're lucky to have lived through that era. Can you teach me the Jitterbug? :D ;)
ahem - it was 3 years ago. You too can learn. :D

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
Now this is some serious thread deterioration.....not only would a retard filter be nice, but RM could seriously use a tool that stops people from posting on things that are way off point and derail threads. (That and a spell checker too.....damn, some people can't spell to save their life)!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
loco said:
We still have one at work.

Trouble is it's the size of a large suitcase.

How the f**k can they call something tiny like that a "mainframe"?

It ain't right, I tell ya.........

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
We still have one at work.

Trouble is it's the size of a large suitcase.

How the f**k can they call something tiny like that a "mainframe"?

It ain't right, I tell ya.........
The one I ran was 4 x 8. It roared though.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
my lab from this past summer still ran critical stuff on a vax. a minivax (i think), but still a vax :)