Quantcast

Retarded color shift from Lightroom to web (or why Macs display colors weird)

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I've got a problem.

I just took a few pictures of my bright red Porsche, and then pushed my .RAWs off of my Canon 20D through Lightroom. Finished editing them, and uploaded to a web gallery in .jpg. In short, it was horrendous. Everything was heavily orange. I proceeded to investigate the .jpgs it had saved on my machine. In Preview, they looked just like they had out of Lightroom (keep in mind this is all sRGB).

Wait.

While typing this, I did a bit more investigation. I looked at the shots in Safari, instead of Firefox 3 (default browser). Now they're fine. I actually raped the orange hue out of them to get them to display correctly in Firefox, and now they're pink...

Great googley moogleys!
http://blogs.smugmug.com/don/2007/02/14/this-is-your-mac-on-drugs/

And now, ladies and gentlemen, I have learned why the colors on some of my images look fvcked up sometimes.

You learn something new everyday.

Now, monkeyfolk, I have a request. Please view the following gallery on your web browser, and tell me if the car looks pink. Only if it looks pink. I fixed my color profile and it displays correctly in Safari now, but I'd like to know what the rest of the world sees. Red/oranges seem to be the tipping point when it comes to browsers. Also tell me what browser, and if you're on a Mac or PC. Danke.

http://freesovereign.com/gallery/4795001_HkMzk#284786332_Dftdy

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Perhaps you should be more informed before making poorly titled threads and showing your ignorance. Read up.

fyi, firefox is not a color managed browser. safari is. the rest is up to your research.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Perhaps you should be more informed before making poorly titled threads and showing your ignorance. Read up.

fyi, firefox is not a color managed browser. safari is. the rest is up to your research.
Oh sh!t, whatever will I do?

Just wanted to share the knowledge. Sounds like it's displaying correctly now.

And yeah Fraser...I need a calibration tool. Currently saving my ducets for a huey.