Quantcast

Retro Shop or the Twighlight zone

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
I just stopped in a shop that I have never been to before in White River Jct, Vermont. I kid you not, they had a ParkPre AlumiMax for sale! Hasn't ParkPre been out of business for about 15 years? This thing had a Sachs front derailer, the see through grip shifters, and a blue ano seatpost! The Manitou fork had a whopping 1.75 inches of travel!

It was like stepping back in time. They had cantilever brake parts, a 2000 Marzocchi Z1 with the original QR20 hub, toe clips, and the coo day graw "like how I spelled that?) an Amaerican Classic Titanium bottom bracket. I scoffed up said BB for $50!

What was wierd though was that the guys had never even heard of the Kingdom Trails! This shop is about an hour away from heaven and they had never even heard of it! WTF????

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
McGRP01 said:
How much were they asking for the bike? I'll be passing right through there tomorrow. :sneaky:
I don't know how much it was. The shop is called Morris Brothers. Give 'em a shout...

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
My brother works just up the road. He works for FAA at the Lebanon airport. But, thankfully he HAS heard of the Kingdom and took me up there to ride last fall. :D What shop was it? Maybe he can find the "old school" 8 spd campy derailleur that he needs there.

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
Morryjg said:
My brother works just up the road. He works for FAA at the Lebanon airport. But, thankfully he HAS heard of the Kingdom and took me up there to ride last fall. :D What shop was it? Maybe he can find the "old school" 8 spd campy derailleur that he needs there.
Look up!

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
[SPAM] If you're looking for a Parkpre, I've got a '95 Pro 825 in 19". I haven't posted it for sale, but I'd sell it.... [/SPAM]