Quantcast

Returning to the MTB world.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
Hello everyone, its been a long time! 6-7 years i think, and it appears i've missed a lot! I very much doubt anyone would remember me i wasn't a massive post whore back then, but its nice to see familiar names on here that were around all them years ago.

I'll warn you now this will probably be a long one, if you dont have an attention span i will summarize at the bottom.

So what have i been up to? a lot has happened in my life since the days i used to frequent these forums, its funny how things come back round.
Life got serious, a few changes in jobs/lifestyle over the years, but i always had that itch to get back on a bike, but there were so many distractions, biggest one being joining the forces, but on returning from a tour of afghan in winter 2011 i decided to focus my life on doing what I enjoyed, i went out drinking with friends more, i had a foray into fast cars(tuned Mitsubishi Evo VI), and just generaly had a good time, I enjoyed all that but again the pull of the MTB was still there, earlier this year i was warned off for another tour, so i made sure i made the most of the time i had before i go back out there, so i decided to get myself back on 2 wheels, its been slow progress due to work commitments but i'm back and i'm loving it!!!:weee:

TLDR - Been away for a while, now i'm back.

Well if you are sad enough to remember who i am you may remember the old bike

Sadly i made a massive mistake in selling it many moons ago, something i very much regret, i hope the beast is still being used and abused and loved somewhere out there.

So i had to start again from scratch.

Introducing my Nukeproof Scalp
Frame and forks are used but the rest is new.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
A reanimated back from the dead RM account?........ OMG ZOMBIEMONKEY BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!!!!!

Ok ok don't panic, this is Ridemonkey so it's obviously not after brains?
Someone throw a bike part at it, see if that sets it off?