Quantcast

Revenge of the Sith review.........

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I love this line

The general opinion of “Revenge of the Sith” seems to be that it marks a distinct improvement on the last two episodes, “The Phantom Menace” and “Attack of the Clones.” True, but only in the same way that dying from natural causes is preferable to crucifixion. So much here is guaranteed to cause either offense or pain, starting with the nineteen-twenties leather football helmet that Natalie Portman suddenly dons for no reason, ......

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
firetoole said:
Come on, man. This stuff is *GOLD*:

"The general opinion of “Revenge of the Sith” seems to be that it marks a distinct improvement on the last two episodes, “The Phantom Menace” and “Attack of the Clones.” True, but only in the same way that dying from natural causes is preferable to crucifixion."

:D :D :D

-S.S.-

Edit: Way to beat me to the punch, Westy. :eviltongu

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
that awesome review said:
Deepest mind in the galaxy, apparently, and you still express yourself like a day-tripper with a dog-eared phrase book. “I hope right you are.” Break me a ****ing give.
True, he's a little self-inflated with all that vitriol, but it's classic stuff.

edit:
All of the interiors in Lucasworld are anthems to clean living, with molded furniture, the tranquillity of a morgue, and none of the clutter and quirkiness that signify the process known as existence.
Hmm, that's always been one of the things I loved about the original, and somewhat with Empire Strikes Back, too...the physicality of the scenery, pre-CGI stuff, where things kind of clank and clunk and get dirty on Tattooine and in the swamp and stuff. 100% agree with regard to the new movies and the newer, ultra-clean effects, but the original was totally the opposite.

Jeff 151

Monkey
Sep 25, 2004
DeezBay, Cali
Was anyone really expecting this movie to be good? All you can hope is that George uses a little more lube when he takes it to you this time around.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
MikeD said:
Hmm, that's always been one of the things I loved about the original, and somewhat with Empire Strikes Back, too...the physicality of the scenery, pre-CGI stuff, where things kind of clank and clunk and get dirty on Tattooine and in the swamp and stuff. 100% agree with regard to the new movies and the newer, ultra-clean effects, but the original was totally the opposite.
Yeah that was what was so great about the original. George Lucas should be deported.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Ridemonkey said:
Yeah that was what was so great about the original. George Lucas should be deported.
My roommate was telling me about some people he saw wearing T-shirts that had the logos for Star Wars Episode 1 & 2 on the bottom, and over it in big letters, "George Lucas Raped My Childhood".

We should force him to live in America Jr. as punishment. Cruel and unusual? Probably. But more than justified.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
MikeD said:
It's a shame really, because Lucas' films in the early days all that had that very candid and gritty feel to them.

THX1138 for example, pretty realistic in it's dialog.

Lucas is like the Metallica of directors. Kick ass and raw at the beginning, then all wishy washy and over produced.

Meh.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I heard the soundtrack for the Phantom Menace (great), and I had extremely high expectations. Boy was I wrong.

I had much less expectations for the Attack of the Clones, and it didn't even come close. I thought the acting except for Ewan McGregor was pitiful, and that big battle arena scene was more like a chapter of a serialized novel than from the anointed Lucas.

So I have skimmed two reviews of the Revenge of the Sith, from Kevin Smith and A.O. Scott (the NY Times critic). Both of them loved it (Scott thought it was better than Star Wars), so that does bode well for the movie.

I was going to see it no matter what. I cannot wait for the dvd. I am expecting very little, of course, but at this point, it has to be The Godfather and Clockwork Orange rolled into one for me to like it.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
sanjuro said:
that big battle arena scene was more like a chapter of a serialized novel than from the anointed Lucas.
But, but...wars in the future will consist of iron-age/civil-war style lines of battle, with everyone standing up and shooting from the hip, as the armies face each other across an open field!!!

Seriously!

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
MikeD said:
But, but...wars in the future will consist of iron-age/civil-war style lines of battle, with everyone standing up and shooting from the hip, as the armies face each other across an open field!!!
Don't forget that this was supposedly long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away. :D

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Ah, well, that explains it. A long time ago, in a really stupid galaxy very far away...

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
hahahahaha (funny looks from coworkers)

" The youn Obi-Wan Kenobi is not, I hasten to add, the most nauseating figure onscreen; nor is R2-D or even C-3PO, although I still fail to understand why I should have been expected to waste twenty-five years of my life following the progress of a beeping trash can and a gay gold-plated Jeeves"

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
sanjuro said:
I heard the soundtrack for the Phantom Menace (great), and I had extremely high expectations. Boy was I wrong.
I hear that. My wife got PM as a gift because people knew she "liked Star Wars" and I think we've watched the video once.

There were only two even reasonably entertaining scenes in Ep. I - the two light sabre fights. Well choreographed and not too rediculously long. They'd have been even better if that Darth Mauler hadn't looked like a character out of Hellraiser. :rolleyes:

-S.S.-

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Dudes, anybody have a stormtrooper outfit I can borrow? I just bought my tix for Thursday and I'm ready to rock. I'm still clinging to some thread of hope that ol George will get it right this one last time. Anakin does look pretty bad ass this time in the pics I've seen.

J

JRB

ghostrider said:
Dudes, anybody have a stormtrooper outfit I can borrow? I just bought my tix for Thursday and I'm ready to rock. I'm still clinging to some thread of hope that ol George will get it right this one last time. Anakin does look pretty bad ass this time in the pics I've seen.
S.S. may lend you his Princess Leah costume.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
SkaredShtles said:
Those are coke stains. I got it from what's-her-name after the second movie. Boy did she do alot of hard livin' in the late 70's/early 80's. :rolleyes:

-S.S.-
Read John Belushi's book Wired. Talks all about it,and the rest of the SNL inner circle. She was part of it I guess. A bunch of speed ball freaks with their own private nightclub in Manhatten.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i'm probably gonna go see it after work tomorrow. i won't even read criticism's about Star Wars, everybody's bagged on it so much it's not even funny.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
H8R said:
THX1138 for example, pretty realistic in it's dialog.

Meh.

eh. Coppola apparantly gave quite a bit of oomph to get backing for that film. who knows how much other help he may have given......

and did you realize that the script wasn't even from lucas? yep; a couple other film school buds had come up with it, and decided to shelve it. lucas asked if they minded him doing something with it.......

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
that it involved Anakin nipping into a broom closet with a warm glass jar and a copy of Ewok Babes

Is this ALL this guy can do? Make witty remarks?!