Quantcast

Reverse Steer Charity Bike Project

whbicycles

Chimp
Jul 9, 2016
I built this reverse steer bike to raise money for charity. I used two $10 bikes I got from garage sales. I found the gear at a place in Cleveland called HGR. I cut the gear in half and welded one half to each fork. I used a laser cutter to make the sign boards for the center and my friend hand painted them. Check it out:

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
That head angle alone makes that thing undridabru round these parts amigo.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
At first I was thinking "oh any little rock in the gear will fuck you up" then I saw the sign on it. Now I want to watch people try it. Then give it a try myself.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Nicely done. It is an impossible machine, no one can ride it (without months or years of practice).

Not impossible. Cross your hands up on your handlebars. Has a similar effect as reverse steering. Doesn't take to long to sort it out.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It only took me about a week to learn but now I can't ride a regular bike :/

Fun fact.

You can strap goggles onto people where their vision is upside down. The brain quickly adapts and then sees the world right side up. Take the goggles off and the right side world will seem upside down for a while. I assume there is a fair bit of vomiting and falling down during the transitions.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2012/nov/12/improbable-research-seeing-upside-down