Quantcast

Reviewed: Dropper Posts

Squirrel

Chimp
Oct 18, 2005
Gear editor Ryan Palmer reviewed six of this year's most sought-after dropper posts as part of our annual Bible of Bike Tests gear guide, putting the posts through their paces on Sedona's steep descents and punchy climbs. You might be surprised to read what he singled out as one of his top picks.

Reviewed: Dropper Posts

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Cool, I was hoping to see the newer X-Fusion HiLo in there and if the Specialized one smacked your nuts as it's just an air spring with no damping.

shredlightly

Chimp
Mar 31, 2008
You lose faith in a product after the first warranty claim in under a month. You start getting angry at three in under a year (Reverb Stealth). Not only does the trigger have horrible ergonomics, mine wouldn't keep a seal for more than 60 days. Add on the fact that the Stealth version is a royal PIA to bleed, and you have one over-priced POS in my book. Been riding KS for a couple of years and never had one problem. Trying the DOSS this year because I got a screaming deal on it and I am honestly looking forward to the trigger and three-way (single ring set-up). My $0.02. Thanks for the quick write up Bike Mag!

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
I would like to see more on the new HILO as well. I have their original design and have been running it for 2 years or more with only one rebuild. Poor XFusion gets left out again...

BikeLust

Chimp
Mar 20, 2014
Why did you photoshop out the cables on the droppers that still run lines to the top of the post? Let the consumer see what they are actually getting, not the post in an unusable state (with cable removed). Any post still doing the massive loop of line when dropped is a deal breaker IMO.

Red Devil

Chimp
Mar 20, 2014
Thanks for your review, it was interesting but I find it is what you leave out is what truly is important. Can you please tell me other than the Reverb which one (s) of these seat post are truly internal cable routing.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
*spam*

Kind Shock LEV 125mm travel 31.6x385mm Seatpost

Excellent condition - $215

*spam*