Quantcast

Reviewed: Kitsbow Soft Shell A/M Shorts

BikeMag

Chimp
Mar 23, 2012
After twelve months wearing Kitsbow's shorts and jacket I feel that the jacket and shorts are some of the best items of cycle specific clothing I have ever worn. It isn't just nicer than most, it is considerably better than anything that is available. The fabrics are superior, the cut is without comparison, and the attention to detail is phenomenal. It all feels like it was custom tailored, they are just that good.

Reviewed: Kitsbow Soft Shell A/M Shorts

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
So I click on this, as I try to be a good Monkey and all, get to reading...yeahyeayeah, I see what you did there, sounds nice...and then I see the price. $269 FOR A PAIR OF SHORTS THAT WILL BE SHREDDED, BLED ON, SNOTTED ON AND QUITE POSSIBLY SHAT ON? Has it come to this, really?

Price is not the only issue here...

The author blathers on about how "...I could walk into a club ride with mature riders and be taken seriously, and then walk into a shop with a young kid at the counter and be respected." Dude, if you are worried about people respecting you for your clothing you need to go back to HS. I suppose you left the price tag on the Gucci shorts too, so everyone would know how $$ they are...even though you got them comped to you so you would write an article extoling their virtues to the masses. The masses who are too poor (Or is it smart?) to pay so much FOR A PAIR OF CYCLING KNICKERS.

I get that the writer says "Kitsbow gear won’t magically make you a better rider, make your rides more fun, or do your taxes for you, but if you have the means to even consider them and are fed up looking like a children’s TV presenter, then Kitsbow is worth a look." Then why bother?

I love my Endura shorts...they keep my tingly little bits safe and secure during the ride and feel good and I think will last (almost) forever, but even they were expensive to my tastes and I shopped high and low for the best price on them. And normally I wear a Nike or Under Armour wicking layer under a long sleeved t-shirt (2 for $20 at the San Diego pier before I left Cali...) not so spendy... Yeah, I buy Fox stuff and run XT (Not XTR.) when possible, I like my carbon and titanium bits and bobs...but really, $269 for shorts? Are we/have we become that eliteist?

At this rate, I may as well become a golfer.