Quantcast

RF Diabolus Chainguide - Infos

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
"Race Face is entering the chain device market. Its offering has a sealed-bearing jockey wheel, comes ready-assembled and perhaps most importantly has flames moulded into the guide blocks."

from Bikemagic.com

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
the diablos cranks are excellent as well as the lighter duty x type evolve model. the bb installation tool is dope and so is the self extraction after i figured it out.
its like adding rocket fuel while pedaling compared to the worn out square tapers

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Monkeybidnezz said:
I second the cheap look...It's hard to tell from the angle, but are there even any rollers?
The roller is hidden in the lower part, much like that other brand... what was their name??? I forget, must not be very big.... :evil:

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
yea im sick of those flames on everything rf makes

they were cool bout two years ago if you were into making look like a hotrod abort.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
That's the biggest SRS rip-off to date. The back plate looks identical to a E.13. Stupid raceface, makes me dislike them more and more besides the flames on everything which looks nice on some parts but putting it on everything (well the diablous stuff) gets old.

WHY in the world must every single company come out with a chainguide? It is beyond me. MRP/E.13 are really the only ones in large numbers out there. Specialized is odd and specs blackspire stuff. Not that it's bad but E.13 and MRP have the chainguide market by the balls.

Raceface needs to stick to making what they make good (or marginal depending on how you see it) like their Stems, Cranks, Seatposts etc....and stay away from hubs/chainguides/bars/headsets etc....I have raceface stuff and find nothing wrong with it but I wouldn't use that guide if it was given to me.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
i say all power to them. assuming they're not infringing on e13's patents, its fair game. the market will decide the product's viability. some people might not choose to puchase because of percieved ethical reasons, but if it works, and they come in @ a decent price (e13 pricing up here is steep), i bet most people won't care. it also makes lots of sense that a crank/ring/bb manufacturer would produce a chainguide.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Spunger said:
WHY in the world must every single company come out with a chainguide? It is beyond me. MRP/E.13 are really the only ones in large numbers out there.
Umm, choices aren't a bad thing. It pushes the envelope and allows for more choices. Now there is e-13, Gamut, Truvativ, MRP, Mr. Dirt, Race face, and other companies making chainguides. I like the choices.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
xy9ine said:
it also makes lots of sense that a crank/ring/bb manufacturer would produce a chainguide.
especially when there are almost always fit issues, and no guide so far has been immune to that, including the deified E13. Truvative saw this first it seems (well at least as a crank maker); make a guide that is garanteed to fit with your own product. It makes sense to buy it as a package if the products good.

As for the "brand X is ripping off my favorite brand Y" crowd, it's very easy to make that assessment on even your most beloved product....not that it has anything to do with its validity.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I like choices too but to a point.

No other guide really copied the others design. It's true that raceface, from the looks of it is just making a guide, so it's not like a MRP or E.13 where it's a whole guide/bash system.

The funny thing is like Zedro said, there's always fit issues. I don't think it matters what guide you got, there might always be an issue. If they are on top of things like the others then it might work out, but at the same time most products made for chain retention work fine. It's hard to reinvent the wheel in this case.