Quantcast

RF's UXC voting for first team is over.....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
I just read on the RF site that the father/son team won this first week of voting. I may be a little down, yet what I loved most was the opportunity to try, and seeing Alaina's pic on RF's site. Man, do I miss her!!

Thank you all for your support, and I hope to see you on the trails sometime.

Shawn

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Yeah, sorry that you didnt make it bro... but you have to admit that team had the most impressive resume to support RF as a team. This weeks team is the mountain men, placed 2nd last year. I'll probably vote for them in the finals as they have a good chance of winning the TRs with right motivation.

M

MSpike

Ah, bummer. I was rooting for you. Hey, at least you gave it a shot. Alaina would be proud of you and I'm sure the monkeys here are proud of you for trying. Maybe next time.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
The next UFC??? I know you're talking about the freeride deal they offer, yet I'm just looking down the road to the Mammoth marathon in September. If any of you will be there, let's hook up for a beer or ?????

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Thats my GF's uncle and cousin. Two of the best racers in their classes in bc and the uncle has been mountain biking for 20 years. Some amazing stories of people he knows and has ridden with in the past :) This is his first time doing it with his son, in the past he entered with another master classman and kicked ass. The history alone of the father is long time and can't begin to be conveyed in that little clip, and the son is a killer on a bike. Gonna have to go over and congratulate them tonight. :)

Congrats on entering, are you still gonna race it anyways? Its quite an event, especially when self sustained.

M

MSpike

Yeah, you might as well try for the UFC again next year. What the heck. And you'll have to count me out as far as Mammoth goes but NEVER count me out of hooking up for a beer. ;)

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Hey Roasted--

Please do me a favor and give my congrats to your uncle and cousin. Yes, the video they put out was most excellent, and I was pulling on heart strings. I sure hope they give the other riders a run for their money!!!

MSpike, if you don't make it down to Mammoth, but get to the South Lake Tahoe area, let me know, and we'll hook up then. Oh, by the way, this SLT hook-up offer is good for all monkeys as well, ok???