1 Z1 Fr1 150mm
and
1 SuperT 170mm

This is how it stands in it's current state

"XC"
and "DH"

"Dh-upgrades"
E-thirteen SRS with 36t E-thirteen chainring
04 SuperT with 05 black outers with 20mm, NO qr20!! :-)
SDG I-beam thingy.

Waiting for a cheap 60mm stem for DH-riding and 2.5 Highrollers.

Attachments

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Jorgen said:
Yours is an inspiration...just wish I could afford the Avy.
But I will send my spare Vanilla RC to be pushed!
Thanks. But I don't have an Avy (not that I wouldn't take one, for free). I can't imagine anything feeling better than my Pushed RC, and it's a light as you're gonna get for a quality riding, custom tuned coil shock. :thumb:

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Jorgen said:
Hi.
Just revamped my RFX, again...
Wow. That's great! I still have the old 2002 JrT on mine, with a 24-36 CR. I used it for a trail bike just like that for a while, when my 4" travel bike was down. She's getting a paint job soon. I'm so excited about rebuilding her! I love the RFX - such a maverick when it came out, and still one of the best bikes I've ridden.

BTW, I'm new here; have you posted any pics of the places you ride in Norway? My godmother is from Stavanger (probably NOTHING like Trondheim), so I have this personal interest in seeing Norway :)

-sunny

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
sunny said:
Wow. That's great! I still have the old 2002 JrT on mine, with a 24-36 CR. I used it for a trail bike just like that for a while, when my 4" travel bike was down. She's getting a paint job soon. I'm so excited about rebuilding her! I love the RFX - such a maverick when it came out, and still one of the best bikes I've ridden.

BTW, I'm new here; have you posted any pics of the places you ride in Norway? My godmother is from Stavanger (probably NOTHING like Trondheim), so I have this personal interest in seeing Norway :)

-sunny
Make sure if you get it repainted, you send it to Olympic Powdercoating, Turner's stock painter. They'll know where to mask off the frame properly for the bushings. Plus, they do awesome work and they're cheap...

There's a Norway pics thread in the lounge: http://67.19.50.55/forums/showthread.php?t=80811&highlight=norway+riding

Haven't seen many other RFXs around in San Diego. Just sold mine, and am moving away next Sat. anyhow...glad someone will carry the torch for...

Jorgen, that green RFX is always sick.

MD

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Jorgen said:
Still, I can't help but think 6pack :D
The 6pack does not impress me. Not interested in the DHX, and only a minimal weight savings. And the geo changes aren't for me either. Something for everyone though!

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Bulldog said:
The 6pack does not impress me. Not interested in the DHX, and only a minimal weight savings. And the geo changes aren't for me either. Something for everyone though!
I recall you saying the Bb was higher on the 6pack, but it's .5" LOWER than it was on my RFX... (14.75" actual on mine, spec'd 14.25" on the Pack). It's got a 68 HA with a 6" singlecrown fork, too...that's about what my HA was with the 6" slider dual-crown and the 5" Dorado SC.

Personally, I think it's a good geo...68 HA with a 6" Z1 or Sherman/36 type fork, probably a little slacker with the current Marzo 66s, and lower than the standard RFX (not all of us had your seemingly better 6" plates...)

Plus, the weight savings is over 1.5 lbs, isn't it?

MD

Ed: 6pack with a Fox DHX and a 6" singlecrown of some sort would be my choice if I ever had just one bike to ride around all the time...

GunShow?

Chimp
May 12, 2004
MikeD said:
I recall you saying the Bb was higher on the 6pack, but it's .5" LOWER than it was on my RFX... (14.75" actual on mine, spec'd 14.25" on the Pack). It's got a 68 HA with a 6" singlecrown fork, too...that's about what my HA was with the 6" slider dual-crown and the 5" Dorado SC.

Personally, I think it's a good geo...68 HA with a 6" Z1 or Sherman/36 type fork, probably a little slacker with the current Marzo 66s, and lower than the standard RFX (not all of us had your seemingly better 6" plates...)

MD

Ed: 6pack with a Fox DHX and a 6" singlecrown of some sort would be my choice if I ever had just one bike to ride around all the time...

My large RFX is just under 34 lbs with a new Z-1, and I think MikeD is right. I am seriously thinking of selling my frame for a 6-pack. It sounds like I could get a lighter frame and a slacker head angle out of it.

MikeD,

Since you just sold yours.....My RFX is in really good shape, how much do you think I should ask for the frame?

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
GunShow? said:
My large RFX is just under 34 lbs with a new Z-1, and I think MikeD is right. I am seriously thinking of selling my frame for a 6-pack. It sounds like I could get a lighter frame and a slacker head angle out of it.

MikeD,

Since you just sold yours.....My RFX is in really good shape, how much do you think I should ask for the frame?
Maybe $800-900 if you're willing to wait, $700-800 if you want a quicker sale? Used frames aren't going for much these days, but it does have the advantage of being a Turner...

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
MikeD said:
Make sure if you get it repainted, you send it to Olympic Powdercoating, Turner's stock painter. They'll know where to mask off the frame properly for the bushings. Plus, they do awesome work and they're cheap...

There's a Norway pics thread in the lounge: http://67.19.50.55/forums/showthread.php?t=80811&highlight=norway+riding

Haven't seen many other RFXs around in San Diego. Just sold mine, and am moving away next Sat. anyhow...glad someone will carry the torch for...
Thanks for the info on Olympic. I had heard they were the ones to go to.
I checked out the Norway pics thread - WOW. What a beautiful place. I moved here from NJ (Monmouth County) and really miss riding in the woods... (sigh)

I haven't seen too many RFXs around here either... but I will carry the torch proudly :)

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
MikeD said:

Ahh yes, I do forget most of the time that I've got the rare plates on my ride. With a 66, which is almost 2" taller than the 6" Z.1's or Z150's most of you run, my BB is still at the 14.75" you measured and my head angle is 66*. I just got a set of the high BB/ steeper HA plates though, as an experiment, so I will have new numbers for you all soon. I only measured my head angle recently, so I thought I was riding the *typical* RFX geo. But apparently I've been riding 6Pack geo all along. So, upon further review, I'll retract all previous statements about geo. :)

I've seen reports of a medium 6Pack coming in at 8.8 pounds, which matches the preproduction model on the hanging scale in the Turner booth in Interbike. My large RFX with heavy spring is about 9.25 pounds, but a medium frame has a smaller diameter toptube and smaller bracing, and with a lighter spring it should be around 9.0 pounds. So not much weight savings at all.