Quantcast

Rhapsody in Blue

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
anyone else watching The Grammy Awards?

this Rhapsody in Blue performance is fantastic.

so was Kanye's.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Kanye was horrible.

Aretha was frightening.

Rhapsody In Blue was great.

Amy Winehouse needs a hit of something.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Who performed it?

Or, am I being totally pop culturally illiterate and thinking this is maybe a reference to something other than Gershwin's classic?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
I dig Winehouse's style. I remember the day I saw what the singer of "Rehab" looked like. I was rather surprised...

When she's coherent, she's pretty damn good performer.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Who performed it?

Or, am I being totally pop culturally illiterate and thinking this is maybe a reference to something other than Gershwin's classic?
herbie hancock and someone else on dueling pianos with an orchestra.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
thanks, might have to look that up. Geargrrl Jr, my son, is working on the classic for grand finale of piano studies.

how long do I wait before looking for it on you tube.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
So herbie won album of the year or whatever the final award is.

I hope kanye doesn't drown in his tear soaked pillow tonight.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
You know what, I am done talking about the specifics of how I like chicks tonight. It seems to pissing a lot of assholes off and if I get one more obnoxious PM, I am going to delete my account.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
You know what, I am done talking about the specifics of how I like chicks tonight. It seems to pissing a lot of assholes off and if I get one more obnoxious PM, I am going to delete my account.
Well crap - I didn't even know you where talking "specifics". I always miss the good stuff. :monkey:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Not a chance. I don't even know where I got this stuff from. My brother in law DL'ed for me when I asked him to snag me some winehouse off the interwebs. It's back to back live cuts with studio stuff and I fell in love after that.