Quantcast

Rhode Island Road

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
So over the weekend, my plans were to assist with the regional black belt test on Saturday with a possible ride before and NEMBAFest on Sunday. Since it was raining Saturday morning, I had to drive to the test.

On Sunday, the sun came out, and I logged onto the computer to get directions to Wompatuc State Forest and noticed the NEMBA had cancelled the event due to lots of rain the week before. :(

The girlfriend and I then decided that a road ride was in order, and we decided on the East Bay Bicycle Path. We did a 28 mile out and back starting in East Providence RI and going to Bristo RI.

The Start

After rolling down a small hill we ride past this

Some of the sights along the way

Along the way, my girlfriend noticed that she had trouble clipping in, and discovered that her cleat had come loose.

At the end, we turned around and started heading back. Here is a seafood resturaunt that is near the end.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Nice!

I used to live in Providence and the Wife and I would bike down to Bristol... then we moved to Bristol b/c we loved it so much!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Quo Fan said:
Not a Modone. It's an '06 1500.

I'm liking the bike. I even did some hopping over cracks on it. (Always the mountain biker)

We also stopped to feed her addiction to ice cream, and I took her pic, but neglected to post it.
That's an 06 1500? Damn, looks hot regardless. :thumb:

BillE

Chimp
May 8, 2004
Franklin Ma
That's a great bike path. My wife and myself do that every year. We always stop at that restuarant for a few beers and a bite to eat.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
BillE said:
That's a great bike path. My wife and myself do that every year. We always stop at that restuarant for a few beers and a bite to eat.
If you go just a bit further down (maybe 1 mile) to the 'downtown' area, there is a restaurant right on the water with a big deck and Adirondack chairs - awesome spot to just sit back and watch the boats sail by... sorry I forget the name.