Quantcast

rhyno Lite or single track

sessions

Monkey
Nov 9, 2005
Vancouver WA
I’m in need of a new rear rim. I dirt jump and do some urban but mainly dirt jumps. I was looking at getting a rhyno Lite or a single track. I was wondering what rim I should choose I’m also up to suggestion on anything else. I’m looking for a light but strong rim.

skurfer333

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I'm not too sure about the single track, but I know rhyno lites hold up well for their weight. especially if you keep the spokes tensioned properly.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Rhyno Lite XLs are the shiznit.

They're better suited to DJ than Singletracks because they're taller and stiffer so they're less prone to flat spotting.

The advantage of Singletracks for DH is they don't pinch flat w/ low pressures in racing, but that also means they flat spot.

stgil888

Monkey
Jun 16, 2004
Malibu, CA
Those are both decent rims for the kind of riding you're talking about, but if you're not restricted to one manufacturer, you could look at Arrow FR's or some of the Mavics.

They're better suited to DJ than Singletracks because they're taller and stiffer so they're less prone to flat spotting.

The advantage of Singletracks for DH is they don't pinch flat w/ low pressures in racing, but that also means they flat spot.
I'll agree with that. I've ridden Singletracks on rental DH bikes, and so have a few of my friends. By the end of the day, the Singletracks (especially the rears) always look funny. No catastrophic blowouts, but those rims have never made it a day without being less than round. Keep in mind that that's DH'ing under 200lb guys. I think being able to get bent up without falling apart is a good characteristic for a light rim. Good luck with the choice.