Quantcast

Riccoto peppers

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Had them with fiddle head fern heads. Ramps again. I am going to stuff them with chorizo and cheese grits. I have a bunch of hydro spinach to utilize also. The stalks are ready and bitter. i cook it like chard with a ham hock and vinegar some butter. Worcestershire sauce also...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Stuffed with crab and homemade Sweet Garlic Naan. My Korean friends cook the best Naan. Curry fried whole chickens ftw! Yogurt and ramp Naans, I have to buy me a Korean Egg!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Brownies stuffed with potatoes. feta like cheese, chorizo, rice, and riccoto peppers. The chef took the put the fish right on the grill when the chorizo was done he put them on the fish and small amounts of grease soaked into the fish and potatoes. It was pretty awesome. Mashed up yams with mango salsa on them. Little corn masa cakes or whatever they were. The rice was the best I ever had. Light nutty taste that went so well with the peppers and yams.

The rivers and streams here are so full of Brown Trout we could eat them everyday. If you could fish everyday....

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Need more details. Are they hot? What is their flavor like?
Obviously, I'm not going to find them in these parts, but they look tasty!

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Reasonable amount of heat.... not as hot as Habanero but hotter than Thai's
fleshy and quite sweet flavourwise.
Sounds perfect!

Around here Thai peppers are hotter than habaneros...
Thai peppers are my favorite flavor-wise! And I love the heat.

So... where are these native? Maybe there is some ethnic grocery store around, I am in the most diverse (and coincidentally, most "dangerous") city in the state...