Quantcast

rice cooker

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I just got one last week, love it to pieces. Makes 1/2 a cup of rice as well as 10 cups.
(this one is 20 cups, a little overkill)
Aroma from Wal-Mart online.
I think it was $40 or $50
image.jpg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
backstory time:

i have a rice cooker. i bought it from costco. years ago. also years ago i got a recall notice on it. naturally i did nothing about it. apparently some risk or shorting due to bad wiring. naturally, every time i cook rice in it, my wife nags me about getting the recall. so today i googled it, turns out the company straight vanished. i found a bunch of complaints on the BBB website that people never got replacement units from the recall.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I have a really cheap Tiger rice cooker that's at least 10 years old and still works fine. It's super simple, just has two settings, "cook" and "warm", no fancy electronics that are prone to fail.

That said, I also have an InstaPot that cooks rice just fine. Well enough that when the Tiger poops the bed I don't plan on buying another one.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have a really cheap Tiger rice cooker that's at least 10 years old and still works fine. It's super simple, just has two settings, "cook" and "warm", no fancy electronics that are prone to fail.

That said, I also have an InstaPot that cooks rice just fine. Well enough that when the Tiger poops the bed I don't plan on buying another one.
I didn't like the texture of the rice from my instapot. It was just... Off.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I like my rice cooker just fine. It is a Sanyo. I must have bought it in store at Uwajimaya since I don’t have email record of it.
backstory time:

i have a rice cooker. i bought it from costco. years ago. also years ago i got a recall notice on it. naturally i did nothing about it. apparently some risk or shorting due to bad wiring. naturally, every time i cook rice in it, my wife nags me about getting the recall. so today i googled it, turns out the company straight vanished. i found a bunch of complaints on the BBB website that people never got replacement units from the recall.
Bring it to Costco. They will refund you in this situation for sure.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
backstory time:

Doesn't sound like you actually need a rice cooker.

Sounds like you need a soldering iron.