Quantcast

Richmond Monkies that have made the trek to snowshoe

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
How long on average did it take? Looks like im there this summer just gotta see if im waking up at 3am to go :p

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
It's right at about 4.5 hours from my house in Chester. (Can't wait for 288 to be finished) It's probably about 3.5 -4 hours from the west end.

If you leave about 5am you'll get there in time for the lifts to open.

Mike

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
Camp at Tea Creek. Cheap, not too far from Snowshoe, and awesome trails right near the campground that can be shuttled if you desire.

If Richmonders are going to be headed to Snowshoe regularly this Summer, I will pay for gas for some carpooling action. And bring lots of good beer. :cool:

Slatyfork has the best trails in the U.S. IMO.

Mar 29, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
Yeah I guess you guys are right. When I went out there I was rockin the XC so you had to buy a trail pass for like 25 bucks or something ridiculous. Not that i think about it, it's not too good of a deal. Bring lots of beer and CAMP!!

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
And bring a solar shower too. They're only $15 or so, and you can boil some water on your stove for a hot shower.

Last year I stayed at Cass campground, but it's 3x the price of Tea Creek and a bit of a drive from Snowshoe. It does have nice bathrooms and showers though.