Quantcast

Richmond Performance When?

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
When is the performance in richmond supposed to open up? And where exactly is it going to be? Have driven by where I thought it was supposed to be a couple times but havent seen any thing big enough to be a bike shop.

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
It opened last Wednesday. I went in Thursday and dropped $80. It's a really nice store and very spread out and easy to find things. All the other bike shops in Richmond are going to really suffer.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
VT Mtbkr said:
It opened last Wednesday. I went in Thursday and dropped $80. It's a really nice store and very spread out and easy to find things. All the other bike shops in Richmond are going to really suffer.
Found it tonight, nice place. The other stores in richmond are definatly going to take a hit.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Don't go there, they are evil!

They don't care about their employees, and they don't care about their customers!

Go to somewhere that actually sees you as a bike rider, not just someone with money in their pocket

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
denjen said:
The other stores in richmond are definatly going to take a hit.
And on the contrary to that, I heard somthign totally counter intuitive. Apparently, one of the small shops in Fredricksburg had their business go up 30% when Performance opened.

It doesn't make any sense, but the explination is that it raised the area's cycling awareness and people start shopping around.

It will definantly be interesting to see how things pan out....... especailly at Conte's across the street!

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
BigMike said:
Don't go there, they are evil!

They don't care about their employees, and they don't care about their customers!

Go to somewhere that actually sees you as a bike rider, not just someone with money in their pocket

Dont you work there?

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Screw Perf goto rowletts or something. I worked at perf for a short time and it is truely the worst bike shop ever. Sadly i'd work there again because i still got a discount :p