Quantcast

Richmond Riding

JapaneseZero

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Virginia
I will be down in richmond on Saturday... anyone know of any shuttling places or fun places to ride a big bike? Anyone want to ride?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
There's a bike event/barbeque happening at Pocahontas State Park Saturday. I'm going to that one. I'd love to do an Urban, but I have to fix a set of brakes, and my other ones were sent back to Sram.

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
is there anything west of richmond or between dc and richmond with some good freeriding?
Not really. Wintergreen is about 1-1/2 hours west of Richmond with lift access. There's some decent urban spots in downtown Richmond and around Belle Isle but you'd have to find someone willing to show you since they are spread out and there's really no central spot. The best local trail for some good drops and freeride type stuff is Powhite Park. But it's really hard to navigate if you don't know where to look for stuff.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
There are urban rides in Richmond, great fun and laughs, but you need to know where the fun stuff is. You may want to PM BigMike and ask him more of the specifics.

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
Yep most of the DH/FR crew from Richmond are either going to be at Snowshoe or are going to the XC ride/picnic. I'm headed to the picnic/ride at Pocahontas. There's a couple of good trails at Pocahontas, the red and double red are fun trails on a longer travel bike with a couple of technical trail features on them.

If you post something on CCVA there may be someone willing to show you Powhite or the urban spots sometime on Saturday. Sorry I can't be of much help.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I just built up a Ti hardtail, so I'm planing on having fun on it...I think Vt_Mtbr will be on her NRS....

I've not ridden the red trail as of yet....Is there a lot of climbs on it?

Ann, I'm guessing Greg will be there as well?

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
Yeah I'm riding the NRS. I'm not fond of pushing the SGS so I stick to the XC bike for Richmond rides. Plus I'm racing the following weekend so I need to get in a decent ride on Saturday and Sunday.

The red trail has the same amount of hills as the rest of the system but the trail is a little more technical and also shorter then the blue or green.