Quantcast

Richmond Street ride for the 12th, Body Count

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Okay, people who is in the for the 12th? Lets have a body count!
I'm in, so that's one.
It looks like the weather is going to be sunny with a high of only 41, so it might be a bit chilly......but who cares :D

mindlessfr

Monkey
Sep 8, 2004
richmond, va
im in for sure and maybe two of my friends. you wanna meet at the bell isle parking lot like last time at say 1:30 cause ill be getting back into town around 12:30

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
The times for these are usually set by BigMike or SK6, but as it stands I don't care what time it starts or what time we meet. But I think the earlier the better especially if it is going to be cold. If we start at an earlier time then what you can make it, we can keep in touch and meet up with you.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
1:30 sounds good to me! I have a gig I need to play at Sunday morning at a church, so, 1:30 is the earliest I could make it.

Bigmike is outta town for the weekend, but Dart may be in!

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
sirknight6 said:
1:30 sounds good to me! I have a gig I need to play at Sunday morning at a church, so, 1:30 is the earliest I could make it.

Bigmike is outta town for the weekend, but Dart may be in!
Dart's gonna school BigMike on the ski slopes this weekend. :p

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
wood-dog said:
Sounds good to me, I will see you Sunday at 130 then. Hey SK6, what are the chances of getting Denjen and G-spot on that Urban?
I spoke with Denjen Yesterday and he has to play it by ear since his wife is out of town. But he definitely wants to ride.

The weather is going to get real interesting though. well keep an eye out...

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
sirknight6 said:
I spoke with Denjen Yesterday and he has to play it by ear since his wife is out of town. But he definitely wants to ride.

The weather is going to get real interesting though. well keep an eye out...

It sounds real good to me. 1:30 sounds good to. Will have to play it by ear. My wife is in Rodchester NY and has to drive back. Depends on when she gets back and how she feels if I can make it.
I really want to play on the shiver and see how that feels. I am going to send my rear shock to get it pushed next week. Hoping to have a completely different feeling bike for the season.

Wood-dog how is your shiver feeling did you get a chance to play around with the springs.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Dartman said:
Dart's gonna school BigMike on the ski slopes this weekend. :p

If he has never skied before he is going to get owned by snowshoe. I started out at wintergreen and that wasnt to bad. I remember my first time at snowshoe looking down the slope thinking that I am going to die. Take him straight to cupp run and leave him, sink or swim:blah:

Dennis

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
denjen said:
If he has never skied before he is going to get owned by snowshoe. I started out at wintergreen and that wasnt to bad. I remember my first time at snowshoe looking down the slope thinking that I am going to die. Take him straight to cupp run and leave him, sink or swim:blah:

Dennis
And that was Denjen on his Tomac!! LOL!!! :p :D

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
sirknight6 said:
And that was Denjen on his Tomac!! LOL!!! :p :D

Funny thing is that actually happened to me. My little bother took me skiing for the first time, took me through the rental line and got me the longest, fastest skies they had. I didnt know any better so I just took them. Got onto the slope and went straight to the intermidiate slopes, no warm up on the buny hill at all. My brother stayed with me for about 2 minutes got bored and took off. After falling about 1000 times I hiked back to the bunny hill and fell again getting on the lift. Went back to the rental place to turn my stuff in and explained the situation. They gave me shorter skies and told me not to get off the bunny slope for the day. Ended up haveing a pretty good time

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Crap! Dart and BigMike are out for this weekend! Well I guess it is up to Ralphie to show the rest of us a good time and I am sure he won't let us down. Will ya Ralphie?
And to Denjen, I got the springs in Monday so I haven't really had the chance to push them yet but so far they feel a bit more plush. I will find out how they will do on bigger drops later today at the UVa drop.

It's a harsh landing

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
mindlessfr said:
just checked weather.com and what do you know just like i said its changed from rain/snow to sunny and a high of 43 on sunday
As of 8:00am, snow to snow/slush, to snow....

We'll just keep an eye on it fo sho!

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
C-ville is expecting 3-5 inches of snow according to the weather channel, with snow still accumulating untill the a.m. hours of Sunday. So if this is the case, I most likely will not see you guys for the ride this weekend. CRAP!:angry:

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
actually I may still be in if the ride is going to go through. My wife needs to study this weekend and I am going to need an excuse to get of the house so she can study without me pestering her evey 20 minutes or so. So, lets hope that we do not get that much snow for the safety of our friend who will be driving 60 miles just to ride!

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Whats every ones thoughts on tommorow? I really want to go. Got a new fork, shoes and pedals I want to get some time on. I think they are still calling for rain/snow through tonight.

Dennis

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
As it stands right now, I 'm out! The roads here in C-ville are becoming slick and we are still expecting perception untill the a.m hours. So if you guys decide to go through with it have a good time and be careful!

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
looks like i'm going to be out as well because of the weather. we are supose to get a snowy mix all tomorrow down here. i will make it up for one of those rides at some time trust me.

if you ever have one on friday that would begreat because every other friday i have drive right by ressman to go home

Feb 5, 2006
Chester, Va.
I'll go if anyone else wants to give it a shot. SK6? mindlessfr? anybody whos going call my cell: 698-0780

And I think snow riding will be kinda fun/interesting