Quantcast

Richmond Wrenchs'...need help...

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I have not been on my bike for over a year. School and work kinda took over life along with the wife’s major surgery last May. Yeah yeah, I know...:nopity:

So, now I’m about ready to get going again. I need to have a rear rim re-built and could use info on the best place to get it done. I also need the bike looked over lubed and tuned. I’d do it my self but I just don’t have the time.

I can finally spend some money on my bike. My wife signed us up for “Ridefinders" and they give you a bike for a year. At the end of the year, you give ‘em $100.00.

Its a releigh SC7 :eek:

This is the bike :eek:

I have to get my bike ride worthy and QUICK or she's gonna make be ride that thing! So can ya help a brother out?

Oh, I could use some urban tires. All the ones I have are soft rubber for DH.

Thanks in advanced!

P.S. Yeah I know, don't take it to Agee's

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Dartman said:
Rowlett's on Staples Mill and Broad St. has some of the best wheelbuilders in the area.

Mike

Word. I thought so. I didn't see Jasons name for workin there any more. Thanks!

Saturday trip....

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
yep, good for Jason and Independant Fabrications, bad for us, he has moved on. Good for him though.

And eventhough Jason ain't there no mo, Braden, James, Neil and Dennis will take care of you up there. James has been working on bikes for like 300 years, and has been with Rowletts since it opened (so I hear) :eek:

Go on up there, they will take good care of ya. Then let us know when and where you want to go ride :)

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
BigMike said:
yep, good for Jason and Independant Fabrications, bad for us, he has moved on. Good for him though.

And eventhough Jason ain't there no mo, Braden, James, Neil and Dennis will take care of you up there. James has been working on bikes for like 300 years, and has been with Rowletts since it opened (so I hear) :eek:

Go on up there, they will take good care of ya. Then let us know when and where you want to go ride :)

I figured that Rowlett's was the best bet, but it's been a while for me. Thanks all for the heads up. And yeah, I'm a bit rusty, but I'll let ya know when all the stuff is up to snuff and I'm ready to have fun embarrassing myself. They say its like riding a bike.... :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, its EXACTLY like riding a bike.... :D

Have you heard from mrbigisbudgood (Jason)?