Quantcast

Ride for a 3 1/2 year old

PITA

Chimp
Nov 10, 2003
Bellevue, WA
I plan to take my son out for his first trail ride without training wheels. He recently learned to ride without training wheels, but will ride off curbs and isn't afraid to fall. I was thinking that a section of St. Edwards may work, but I am looking for suggestions. Keep in mind that he is on 12" wheels and a slight incline is a hill.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
When he gets a little better bring him out to the N Seatac BMX track. There's always lots of kids there - even around his age (some of them even race). It really builds up the confidence.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Think parks.
A very small portion of Ed's will work. But, if you're on the North end of town, Hamlin may be better. Or, the Redmond Watershed. Come to think of it, Kirkland watershed park would be perfect. At 3 and a half, you won't want to be going too far from the car...
South end? Lake Sawyer, Lake Desire, South Sea Tac.
Another option is buying an Adams Trail-a-bike. They are always up for sale used, hardly get any use by most people, and allow your child to experience singletrack with you. Buy, sell when done. I went through both kids with mine and even took it on some 14 mile loops on moto trails on the east Side of the mountains.