Quantcast

Ride For Ricky

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Will, Corey, Please forgive my ignorance, who is Ricky? and what happened to him?

A little back story might help get people more interested in helping out.

D-

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
thanks jason, yeah that link above gives you the whole story. ricky was out riding his 20, fell from a handrail, landed weird and broke his back. he's now in intensive care in Atlanta, on a ventilator and beginning his VERY difficult road to recovery. I never met ricky personally, but this could have been any of us, and it hits very hard because of that. log into his carepages account and you can read how much love is coming in to him and hear exactly how difficult this has been on him and his family: www.carepages.com/RickyRidesAgain

support ricky, support the riding community, come out even if you're not competing or riding.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
if anyone has the time this week to do some digging, we would greatly appreciate it. a group of us got a lot of digging done on saturday, but we left stuff unpacked. we rebuilt a whole line to make it bigger and worked on a few jumps that were crumbling.

i plan on making it out there tomorrow night to clean some things up, so if any of you NoVa folks want to show up and help... it would be great. i live in silver spring (one of those MidAtlantic non-riders, you know :crazy:) and work in DC so if i can get out of work on time, i'll be down kicking up some dirt on and off the bike.

i will most likely be out again on thursday night as well.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
reminder, this comp is ON for tomorrow. should be great weather, great riding, and great people. come on out, donate to a good cause and enjoy the riding.