Quantcast

Ride like you stole it...

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
Man charged with trying to pedal away with pot plants
The Associated Press

EUGENE, Ore. — A bicyclist was arrested on drug possession charges this week after a police officer caught sight of him pedaling away with three uprooted marijuana plants under his arm.

Police spotted Dwayne Earl Anthony Etzel, 18, cycling in the early evening Monday with what they described as a "big smile" on his face.

"I see this guy riding up the street with what looked like a big old bush under his arm," said Eugene Narcotics Detective Scott Vinje. "It didn't click right away that it was marijuana. Then I smelled it."

Eztel is in the Lane County Jail on charges of burglary, drug possession, criminal mischief, escape and trespassing.

When police tried to stop him, Eztel allegedly threw the marijuana plants at the officer's car and pedaled off. After catching up with him, the officer used pepper spray to get the cyclist under control.

Around the time of the arrest, a local man called 911 to report that his medical marijuana plants had been stolen.

Sorry if it's already been posted.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
i could easily see the guy justifying his weed crop as medical, but forgetting that he forgot to register a script. oops. the line between medical and personal stash is narrow in some cases