Quantcast

Ride Monkey: how to section, tech questions

bevin

Chimp
Oct 6, 2009
Laura,

How do you attach an Excel file or Word doc to your thread/message?

I tried to, and it looks like you can only attach picture files?

Thanks

Bevin

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Because I am a benevolent administrator, and I just happened to be checking out the team forums, I have added .xls and .doc files to our acceptable attachment file extensions. :thumb:

Please note: in order to get .xls or .doc files from Microsoft Office 2007, you have to choose "Office 2003 compatible" when you use the "Save As" box.

I will have to monitor this to make sure that we don't have spam bots or anyone shooting through and uploading XLS or DOC files that contain viruses but feel free to use it for now.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Because I am a benevolent administrator, and I just happened to be checking out the team forums, I have added .xls and .doc files to our acceptable attachment file extensions. :thumb:

Please note: in order to get .xls or .doc files from Microsoft Office 2007, you have to choose "Office 2003 compatible" when you use the "Save As" box.

I will have to monitor this to make sure that we don't have spam bots or anyone shooting through and uploading XLS or DOC files that contain viruses but feel free to use it for now.
No way!!! You totally rock. :)

THANK YOU!!