Quantcast

~~Ride Monkeys, Welcome to SUMMER!~~

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Today is the first day of summer 2005 and it is also the longest day of the year.

What summer activites will you be doing? Where are you all headed for summer vacations?

We are going to NM and possibly up to Moab since it is only about 5 hrs from Albuquerque.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Got nothing planned for today.

As for summer stuff...
We take a family vaca up into Ontario every year. We rent a cabin on a lake and just kind of hang out for the week - no TVs, no phones, etc. Fishing, swimming, boating... and I'll probably take my road bike. It's flat as hell up there, so I could see LOTS of miles.

And I've vowed to myself to start racing this year. I've got 4 races in mind, of which I'll probably do 2 and see how things go.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
No real vacation planned, a few long weekends for things like 24 hours of Adrenaline (woot! this w/e), monkeyfest, 12/24 hours of Pats peak

I think I'm going to ask for a week off - just not sure where I'll go (and with who?)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
ah yes summer!!!!!!

I like to take long weekend camping trips to fill up my summer. we usually go to northern jersey find a campsite near some riding and go for a few days.
july 7th-16th Ill be in cali, now that we extended our trip I will be bringing my bike!!!!!
Id like to get up to Lynn woods this wummer as well, Vietnam is looking mighty good. then there is always Pedro's but Im not set on that yet... Other than that Im not doing anything.
O wait...Mountain creek.. gotta get there at least 5 more times too

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Summer sucks down here in S FL. It hasnt stopped raining in 3 days, and will probably continue for the rest of the week. Not to mention its hot, and humid. The low today will be ~ 80 with a heat index of 95, if the sun actually comes out it will get into the low 90s with a heat index of 800 degrees. It actually feels like you are melting.

Oh ya, lets not forget about those pesky hurricanes. I CAN'T WAIT to shutter up my place, then go over to my parents and bring in 154252435324 little yard ornaments that my mom puts up every year into their garage.

YAY SUMMER! :nuts:

On a positive note, I have already been to NC, Georgia, and Tennessee to go riding. In August I will be im Mammoth :) and I gotta figure out when to take another weekend to NC.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
I took my long vac this spring to go to Moab. I'll be using the rest of my vacation days spread out to make for some long weekends and mini riding trips. Gotta formulate the hit list: Jiminy, West, Patty, Whiteface, Diablo, Bromont, Bolton, MSA, ect.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Welcome to summer indeed. :)

MBC and I have NOTHING planned, and we are loving it. We are taking an at-home vacation in July, and that week concludes with Monkeyfest. We'll spend that whole week doing a whole lot of riding and little else.

I have business trips booked later this year for San Francisco and Las Vegas, so I am looking forward to those (it is barely work).

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
At some point this summer I will start on returning a chick car to the road.

Recycling on a large scale.

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
Summer is here, as is an excellent omen.
Last night we found a trail system better than anything I think I've ever ridden, right here in town. I see an excellent summer ahead!

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Woo Hoo Summer!

So far, we've been to Diablo for the US Open, MBW at Jim Thorpe, and are going to the Monster Park Festival at Snowshoe in another week. These in addition to many local rides, have made for a great beginning into summer.

The only trips we have going are the annual Crested Butte trip in July/August and possibly a trip to either Tsali/Pisgah, NC for a long weekend, or Kingdom Trails in Vermont. Too bad monkeyfest is the week before our CB trip, or we'd be heading up for that too. And finishing off the hot part of summer with the SSWC in State College, PA.

Should be great summer. I know it's starting off that way.

Gotta get the rides in while the weather's good. It will be cold again soon enough.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
ROCKLAND said:
I took my long vac this spring to go to Moab. I'll be using the rest of my vacation days spread out to make for some long weekends and mini riding trips. Gotta formulate the hit list: Jiminy, West, Patty, Whiteface, Diablo, Bromont, Bolton, MSA, ect.
hey rockland, give a heads up when you are planning to hit some of those places.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
not too much planned, really. got the annual vacation w/ the wife's parents and sister's family at mt washington, and i've off for some fun of my own this weekend (tahoe). we were gonna plan a beach vacation to maine, but never pulled the trigger. but both my dad and brother have places in falmouth, so we can crash there.

PBV

Chimp
Apr 18, 2005
Boston
My whole summer is booked up. Litteraly. I am going on a guided fly-fishing trip this weekend with my old man. Then I'm moving. I am getting married in August and then spending a week in Costa Rica. In between all the **** I need to do I plan on spending as much time on my bike as possible. I am also going to do my damndest to get to Pedro's in August.

Just James- You MUST fly out early so we can go!!!!!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
According to the American Association for Nude Recreation (AANR)

Americans are starting to flock to beaches and country parks reserved for nudists, especially at the luxury end of the market

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
My triumphant return to riding will happen this weekend. That's right, I'm going to attempt my second ride outdoors in a month. My knee is 4.5 weeks out of surgery and this weekend is the Cruiser Crawl here in Bend. Then I am going to slowly work back up to mountain biking and in July we will go to Idaho on vacation to ride, then in August we are going on vacation to Boulder and Salida to ride some more. I'll probably hit Mammoth on vacation to ride as well.

Other activities to include: kayaking and swimming.

BRING IT ON.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
narlus said:
hey rockland, give a heads up when you are planning to hit some of those places.
Will do. I have a season pass for Attitash, and go like once a week. If you can make the trip to North Conway, it's pretty fun.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I am working all day today from 8:30 am to 7:00 pm, then band rehearsal all night, then hopefully buying a truck tomorrow morning, then doing a local gig tomorrow night, then flying to France the next night, then playing a heavy metal festival on Saturday night, then watching Mastodon, Slayer and Motorhead on Sunday night, then flying home on Monday, then back to work on Tuesday, then at work we have the first big production order cycle for the Spring 2006 season next Thursday, which I'll be scrambling to prepare for, then I finally get back to my vegetable garden on Saturday the 2nd.

*inhale*

On a sweet note, I ate the first handfull of snow peas from my garden this morning.

:thumb:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
welcome to summer, fellow :monkey:s. i'm a lab rat (in cardiology lab, doing 3-d echo) until august 19th, then...? banff? more whistler? who knows :)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Arrrgh! Summer. Will it ever end!? I hate summer. I will be inside all day with my A/C cranked. Riding urban at night after it cools down. Riding the trails early in the morning before it gets hot. Oh and the best part is the red burning eyes from the smog. Yup, ya gotta love summer in Los Angeles.

Bring back winter! Gimme grey clouds rain and cold any day! :thumb:

Edit: Sacrifice Mack.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I live in the land of Eternal Summer, California. As long as we do not fall into the ocean...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Skookum said:
i'm going to attempt to make money this summer instead of healing a broken leg like last year.
Oh man, that's right. Coming up on the 1 year anniversary. How's your leg doing? Mine is feeling great but if you look at the two side by side the "bad" one is still a bit swolen. You can feel the metal in there too. I think I am going to go ride on the date I did it. Gotta show that mountain who's boss.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
PBV said:
Famous last words... :D
Yeah but I have learned... I will NEVER EVER do "one last run" again. I should have known... One last run before lunch... whammo! I shoulda just got lunch.