Quantcast

Ride 'n ski

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
Wintergreen= good biking and good small mountain east coast skiing
Massanutten= good biking (World Cup downhill trail and very nice xc trails on western side) and decent small mountain east coast skiing
Snowshoe= great biking and probably the best skiing south of Vermont on the east coast

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I have no point of reference as I've nevver ridden at Massanutten, but I've skied there.

An I have never skied at Snowshoe or Wintergreen.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I tried. Very little experience. Biking wins hands down. I am beginner enough though where I still need to be on the wider tracks. If I ever get good enough to hit the trees that might change. Same reason I hate a-line is the same reason skiing doesn't give me chub, to damn wide open. I love treelines and narrow techy trails.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
attitash in nh: i havent skied there in a while but i liked the riding there much better from what i remember.
spookydave said:
It never snows where I ride. But I bet crashing hurts less with some soft stuff on the ground.
hah! youve obviously never been skiing in new england. ice feels like concrete and is not very soft when you catch an edge going 30+.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Killington...Call it a draw...Good skiing and good riding. I'm hitting Mountain Creek this winter but I think the riding will win out. That place is incredible!!!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Roasted said:
I tried. Very little experience. Biking wins hands down. I am beginner enough though where I still need to be on the wider tracks. If I ever get good enough to hit the trees that might change. Same reason I hate a-line is the same reason skiing doesn't give me chub, to damn wide open. I love treelines and narrow techy trails.
Ask and ye shall receive. And yes - trees are a f***ing blast on skis. :thumb:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Yes, all over here they have snoparks where you xc ski in the winter, ride singletrack in the summer. Awesome idea.

Also done a lot of the ski mt's (Northstar, Mammoth, Big Bear...)