Quantcast

Ride pics for all the snowstorm peeps

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
We are experiencing some odd weather here in Bend this week. It has been "warm" in the 50's and some 60's lately. The snow in town is all melted and I'm back to wearing shorts!!!!!!!

I haven't been out on a bike in over two months now because of my knee problems, but yesterday I just had to. We went riding at a place called Smith Rock State Park...heavily known for it's rock climbing and hiking, I wasn't sure what to expect. But, there is a nice trail system there with opportunities to put together 25+ miles of trails. There is a fair amount of climbing and some really nice singletrack. The vegetation is pretty much high desert with a lot of Juniper Trees.

Enjoy the pics.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Thnx Heidi, rub it in, it's -13 here...why did you move from SunDiego to Bend? You probly said why once but i forget... :(

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
JMAC said:
Thnx Heidi, rub it in, it's -13 here...why did you move from SunDiego to Bend?
I got tired of all the people
I got tired of all the traffic
I got tired of the rat race
I got tired of lack of trails
I like winter sports and SoCal sucks for those.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Its 15 degrees here and we have like 6" of snow on the ground. (not alot of snow but its still cold and windy as all hell) And to think two weekends ago i was in the mountains and it was 60 degrees :(

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
To answer some questions:

Nope, not a moto area that I know of. The place was deserted!!! I did have to do some slippery descending along some singletrack down in a shady part of the valley...nothing like ice and snow to keep your balance in check. Apparently I still have mine :)

The knee...it could be better. It still hurts, it may always. I can ride, it just takes a bit of the fun out of it when I'm in pain. I can't tell you how nice it was to fly down that singletrack. I had so much fun, that today I took some extra Advil and headed out to a place called Horse Ridge for some more winter riding. The area is all rocky and smooth singletrack. Some of the sections have so many little rock areas that you really have to do a stellar job at line picking or you could bust a rim.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Heidi said:
I got tired of all the people
I got tired of all the traffic
I got tired of the rat race
I got tired of lack of trails
I like winter sports and SoCal sucks for those.
Cool. but i say DEATH to winter. I say that now but I might miss it when i leave.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Ahh, its good to be in Oregon right now :love:

The mountian down her (Mt. Ashland) also has the most snow in Oregon right now so I can ride trails one day then go up to snowboard the next :D

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
ito said:
Ditto!

Hmmm, it looks nice there. What is the job market like in Bend? Must investigate! I'm glad I'm not the only monkey who got out for a ride today.

The Ito
Job market isn't too hot, but it's getting better. We got lucky and found something good.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
MMMMMmmmmmmm..............smith rock. :drool: I love that place! Now that I know there is single track there it gets even better! One of the prettiest arete climbs I've seen is there on the back of MonkeyFace. Too bad it's 5.13'ish and I can't imagine being able to climb that hard.