Quantcast

Ride Pics - NH Slickrock

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
cool! So that rock extends to around 2 miles then, much room for exploring?
The slickrock and view is the payoff for a tough climb. You start on some rocky singletrack at the base of the next ledge over (Cathedral), climb a nasty hill on a car road for 1/2 mile, then hit Red's trail. There's plenty of fun on top, and even more on the way down. There's a nice rooty singletrack with a few 1-2 foot drops that connects to the Mineral Site trail. Then there's a bunch of tight-fast stuff at the bottom. Here's some pics from the climb. ;)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Great photos Steve - who did you ride with? Were you on vacation up there? Family in NH?

How do you like the Craftworks so far??

Is that enough questions for you? :)

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Great photos Steve - who did you ride with? Were you on vacation up there? Family in NH?
I rode solo, thus no riding shots. :( My parents live in Maine. I was on vacation last week, and I stop and ride in N. Conway every chance I get on the way home.

The Craftworks is great. I can't imagine making a better frame choice. :cool:

Jan 15, 2002
Suburban MA, USA
I rode many of those same trails a couple months back with some of the locals from North Conway. Good stuff. The climb up was hell but excellent views once you hit the top. Payback was awesome though with many many sweet extended downs.

-Couch

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Trail look sweet!

Slickrock is so fun since you can pick and choose your lines from easy to fun drops!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
narlus said:
small world; i met radair @ bromont years back.

gotta get up there when i'm an ex-ex-pat.
Bromont is pretty cool this year. A few new trails and short lines on race week-ends!

Jan 15, 2002
Suburban MA, USA
Yep, rode w/ Radair out of his place, straight up. Good stuff for sure!

I'm hoping to get to Bromont at some point this season for some DH. With SR gone the DH scene in NE is pretty darn weak.

-Couch

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
CouchingTiger said:
Yep, rode w/ Radair out of his place, straight up. Good stuff for sure!

I'm hoping to get to Bromont at some point this season for some DH. With SR gone the DH scene in NE is pretty darn weak.

-Couch
Perhaps you could make a trip to Jiminy Peak to try that out Couch. Just a thought. I've heard good reviews so far and I hear it's getting better and better.