Quantcast

Ride Pics... WTF?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I usually post pics of our local riding in the South forum, but I don't think there is enough ride pics in thr DH forum anymore.

Here is part of the crew...

Geritt Beytagh skying the new jumps...

Tom V on the same...

Geritt getting whipped...

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
nice

I need to make it out to Windrock sometime, y'all have a winter series or rides during the winter months? It's a straight shot on I-40 for me pretty much, and would be a good road trip to the eastern half.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
the riding season at windrock will be quickly coming to an end, as soon as winter rains and sub-freezing nights set in. once the ground gets saturated and sponglike, we stop all riding so as to maintain solid un-rutted trail beds. this gives us intill aprox. late feb. to early march to build new trails and make modifications to the existing ones. the two main projects this winter will be to give our first original trail a much needed makeover and new exit. and a new trail spurring off of the beginning of the snakerock trail. both trail routes have been plotted out and the new trail will be cutting across some of the other existing trails, creating more options for switching from one trail to the other. a new spur over in the southernrocks valley was scoped out recently by terry and myself. if we can get the first two projects completed, that will be next on the agenda. from here on through the rest of the year we kinda play it weekend to weekend to see how the weather plays out as to whether we ride or not. i'll post info as needed in the south forum.(sorry "B" scroll past it, if you don't want to read my spam.) nice pictures doug; that's our biggest shortcomming is that there aren't too many pictures of our stuff. because everyone would rather ride than take photo's.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
kidwoo said:
That kid's gonna be a ripper for sure. I was stoked those guys took me out to one of their spots south of town. I loved pete's logic.....build a track with wierd, less than perfect angles and then you're ready for norba.:blah:

I hope I get to ride with them again sometime.
yeah man if you ever go back their let me know and I'll try to make it down there. There is supposed to be a badass indoor skatepark that has a huge boxjump line around the perimeter that caters to mountain bikes in ATL also...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
motomike said:
yeah man if you ever go back their let me know and I'll try to make it down there. There is supposed to be a badass indoor skatepark that has a huge boxjump line around the perimeter that caters to mountain bikes in ATL also...
Chris (maxxis guy) and Ryan were telling me about that place. I was only in town for work but if it happens again, I'll definitely let you know.

I need to figure out how to fill my luggage with some of that fine fine georgia clay.:p

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
motomike said:
www.factory-skate.com

The box jumps are by no means huge but fun nonetheless. Mark your calendar for Sunday, 12/11 - there's going to be an MTB park contest there if you can make it. Front page of Hcor has the details.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Indeed...it's a mountain bike only sign. It's awesome to have this terrain in the southeast and not have to watch out for moto/atv traffic...except for the runout of the bulkhead drop...I can't count on my hands the number of close calls after dropping in!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
there's hardly anything more fun than dropping in off the "bulkhead" and smokin past a.t.v.s or motorcycles as you barrel on down to the first double. rather irresponsible but when the situation presents itself who amoung us can resist?

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
dhbuilder said:
there's hardly anything more fun than dropping in off the "bulkhead" and smokin past a.t.v.s or motorcycles as you barrel on down to the first double. rather irresponsible but when the situation presents itself who amoung us can resist?
Couldn't have said it better...

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
here's a few from chepler taken at Bigfoot

me on the triple step-down

Geritt on the same

Tom on the same, but from the rear

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
damn man ; you need to leave your bike at home more often and just show up with your camera. i gotta kick ass digital with a strong zoom a year ago. with every intention of taking lots of photos this year. didn't take a single one. bike vs. camera, bike wins hands down.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
I'm gonna try and make it down as much as possible next year with a shiny new video camera...i'll have to spend a weekend down there and shoot some film one day...though i'll be riding the other day...the windrock church says it's a sin to come all that way and not ride.:thumb:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
they worship at their alter , we worship at ours. who do you think has more a more religious experience? i know i've thanked god more than a few times comming out of a few sections with the rubber side still down.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
very nice profro. the morewood guys are just awsome. meet tom on a trail back in ashevegas and helped him out with a flat and got to chill with him. awsome guys. awsome pics and awsome place. ill cya boys there soon if the place aint closed.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Was there a bike leaning and turnbar contest at Bigfoot we missed Saturday? J/K...wish we coulda been in two places at once.

My contribution to the thread...Brady and I running a train @ Gran Turismo.

Attachments

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
jeremy; people out side the south have no clue about some of our hidden treasures we ride, or the depth of talent we have down here. we'd have that guy pukin his encharito for sure.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
dhbuilder said:
damn man ; you need to leave your bike at home more often and just show up with your camera. i gotta kick ass digital with a strong zoom a year ago. with every intention of taking lots of photos this year. didn't take a single one. bike vs. camera, bike wins hands down.
Thats a damn good call. I got some killer pics of OTHER people, none of me, and my riding time was cut.

NEVER again. The pics I do have of me are rather lame......

Unspoken rule of thumb is..."The one with the camera rides little, and no self gratifying pics of same."

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
never been much on ogling over pics. of myself. the picture i crave more than any other is the picture of a high speed dirt ribbon disapprearing under my front tire and the multi colored blur in my peripheral vision. damn camera can't give you that one. but it's one we all have in our "mental gallery".

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
dhbuilder said:
never been much on ogling over pics. of myself. the picture i crave more than any other is the picture of a high speed dirt ribbon disapprearing under my front tire and the multi colored blur in my peripheral vision. damn camera can't give you that one. but it's one we all have in our "mental gallery".
Neither have I. But damn one pic would be nice.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
dhbuilder said:
jeremy; people out side the south have no clue about some of our hidden treasures we ride, or the depth of talent we have down here. we'd have that guy pukin his encharito for sure.
Yep, I am just pizzed that I missed out on the fall riding up there this year. It was something I had no control over. Don't worry, I will be up there in the Spring constantly!
The trail riding in Pisgah this fall has been unreal though.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
yeah man; this was without a doubt our best fall season to date. the trail were dry any faster than they've ever been. terry and i pushed each other to our limits every weekend. averaging 6-10 runs a day, sometimes as many as 15. we detuned the dark hollow trail just a little making it much more ridable(and faster.) we had a steady stream of out of state riders just about every weekend, with sat. turning into the the better session of the weekend. it'll be here bigger and better than ever when you show up in the spring. check the website for some of the plans i have in store for improvements. www.windrock-mtb.com.

tacobelldhr

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
lake forest
haha ok Jeremy R...i said nothing about his racing skills, of course he's faster than i am he also twice as old as me...and riding most likely longer than i have been alive.. i destinctly said the jumps he was jumping were not very big...THINK HOMMIE....

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
tacobelldhr said:
haha ok Jeremy R...i said nothing about his racing skills, of course he's faster than i am he also twice as old as me...and riding most likely longer than i have been alive.. i destinctly said the jumps he was jumping were not very big...THINK HOMMIE....
you're still hating, do you really think I put that much thought in how I discribed the picture? :nopity: