Quantcast

Ride Pix Fawn Ridge

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Welp it feels good to be back in action. Popped my knee after endo'ing on a rock feature. Had me worried i didn't want to lose another summer to injury for many reasons. Turned out the injury wasn't that bad (sprain) and after resting for a few weeks i was happy to get out. So i decided to ride a smaller ride i really like, lo and behold some guys i know were hosting a ride there with the our local bikey advocacy club. BBTC.
Anyways i feel very grateful to being able to ride with good people and meet more good people with a common interest in getting some fresh air, and love for riding some sweet singletrack.

Fawn Ridge 12 miles 1100 feet elevation gain/descent 4 miles of descent. Skookum Flats/White River extension 4 miles 200 elevation all singletrack.

Climbing is gradual and easy, great way to work on some cardio, and plenty of cool view of the rock face of the Palisaides on the ridge across the White River, just a handful of miles down from Mt. Rainier.
The singletrack descent is great. Smooth for the most part, a little washy in sections, but it put smiles on our group and that's the juice.
The extension i didn't really want to do. My light bike is broken so i was riding my 40 plus pound piggy bike, and i was a little worried of overextending with a weak knee and fatter gut from being off the bike for a minute. But the group was a little unsure of the route, (as i tend to be all the time anyways, but that's what makes me a good ride leader) so i couldn't refuse. Well my knee was a hurtin and my gas tank ran low, but we made it and it was worth it. Good times.

CLICK FOR SKOOKIE SIZE PIX

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
cool pix, t. :thumb: i'm glad to hear, er, read that your knee is on the mend.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Its good to hear your back on the trail, Im sure your happy. make sure you ice your knee down after riding.. i find that it helps a lot for the next day

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Ethan and I did a 17 mile ride out there on Sunday(we almost called you Tim, but it was last minute and we kind of got a late start). We did the same trail that the group of us did last year, or year before (can't remember)...where we rode the hwy up about 5 miles then dirt rode for almost a mile to the trail head...I forget what trail that is?? Then you pop on to Skookum! We had a blast. I packed us a lunch and we sat on the river bar in the sun and ate while enjoying the beautiful scenery! The day was very sunny but not too warm! All in all, one of our funnest xc rides together! :heart: :thumb: :D
Glad you are back in action Tim! We will have to meet up with ya for a ride soon.