Quantcast

Ride Report: Alone at Vorhees State Park(Hell on dial up.)

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
First few are the tanglewood/brookside trails.

At the scenic overview after going on hill acres.

Cutting through the Observatory trail to avoid a very painful climb. An ok shot of the observatory, which was actually open.

Finally at the Vista trail. Learned today to never take this trail for granted. The backside of Vista, puts the cushetunk at Round Valley to shame in some aspects, fast, long, never a really level trail bed, always on some kind of slope to it, and dry and loose, yes vorhees is practically mostly dry. It's been a really long time since a trail has had me shaking by the end of it.

More of the Vista Trail, at the summit. From there it is all white knuckle descending and includes a blast through some of the nicest singletrack(Yes, singletrack on Vista) I have seen since moving back to NJ, no pics of that section will get some next time.

Still on Vista, but it finally starts to mellow out a little. The bridge there seems to be new.

And the rock steps afterward.

Back on Hill Acres, passing under the power lines.

Back into the woods and the last part of singletrack on hill acress.

Back on the fireroad section, nothing worth stopping here, so headed back to the car.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
That's awesome!!!! Pic's of the invisible man riding!!!!! :D

j/k....looks like a hella fun trail to ride...looks cold as hell though...:thumb:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
That looks like a great set of trails to get your heart rate up on, and keep it up, all while looking at great scenery! The trails look very well maintained!

Thanks for the pics.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
splat said:
Dan , you need to get a small tri pod and experiment with the timer.

looks like fun :thumb:
Yep, or I could try to persuade someone to come down.

The trail is located in High Bridge, NJ and the state park was built by CCC in the 1930's.

Ask anyone in the towns surrounding High Bridge, and they call the town Hybrid. Don't know if I posted this back when it happened, but this was in the same town that some drunk guy on a depot store bike actually hit a 330 pound black bear. Not Hybrid as in inbred or hicks, but the business hours there are really screwy. The town is low income generally and there is a 4 star restaurant there.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Went back today and got some shots of the section I didn't get any of yesterday. Took them going down the section the ones where it shows the section going uphill are in an attempt to show the slope of the section.

Starts here:

Ends here: