Quantcast

Ride Suggestion for Afternoon in Squamish?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Maybe I should post this in the No-Freedom-Fries forum, but that seems pretty dead:

Anyone got any good suggestions for an afternoon ride of 3-4 hrs for Squamish (Saturday), where to park, what to ride, tips, etc.? Looking like I might have some time there and while I could wing it on TF, I'd appreciate some suggestions from here. Not looking to go crazy for tech/skills as the first ride, but a mix of blue and black is probably fine. Maybe even a couple suggestions for longer stuff too, as I might hit it on the way back as well and might be looking for a more full day at that point.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
No input, but if you don't find the info, check out the routes page for Squamish. You can view by length, average difficulty etc etc.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I had an afternoon in Squamish a few years back and spent it on Mt. Girabaldi. Twas quite fun, lots of good trails up that way that can go from moderate to very difficult depending upon how rowdy you are feeling.

Parked here: 49.740823,-123.087392

You can do laps of trails such as Full Nelson, Half Nelson, and Angry Midget with only a reasonable climb back up to the top in between.

Whatever you do, dont make the same mistake I did and try to link trails back into town. Holy shitballs did I regret that. Some of the most overgrown awful riding I've ever done.

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/jq1CvJT43ib

strava154509831023643992.jpg

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Cool, thanks, yeah that was kind of what I was looking for, where to park that would have a decent amount of options, etc..

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
this is true.

You can keep climbing up the meadow of the grizzly climb too if you’re after distance/elevation, but I wouldn’t recommend it. The extra descent is gets you isnt all that good.

if you’re after fun descents, I’d do one lap each of Angry Midget and Ditch Pig. They’re quite close to each other.

download the Trailforks app if you haven’t already.