Quantcast

Ride suggestions for tomorrow...Pigah

KFC

Chimp
Jan 3, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I am heading to the hills from Charlotte tomorrow and was wondering what this rain will do. I was originally going to pedal in Bent Creek but am not sure how it does with this rain. I know the Wilson Creek area was dusty dry on Tuesday so should benefit from some rain but what about Heartbreak? I've never ridden it. Can someone give me the lowdown on shuttle and trailhead?

thanks

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
I am heading to the hills from Charlotte tomorrow and was wondering what this rain will do. I was originally going to pedal in Bent Creek but am not sure how it does with this rain. I know the Wilson Creek area was dusty dry on Tuesday so should benefit from some rain but what about Heartbreak? I've never ridden it. Can someone give me the lowdown on shuttle and trailhead?

thanks

You could pedal Laurel mtn>Pilot rock. Laurel is mostly contouring bench that should drain all right, and Pilot is nearly all rock/gravel so its fine in the rain.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
As for Heartbreak, you have to find a way up to it. There are 3 routes up to the Parkway (Swannanoa, Curtis Creek, Hwy 80/Lake Tahoma), but if the Parkway is closed, you won't get to it. Only ways would be to climb by bike up Curtis Creek and then hit the Parkway or have someone guide you up Old Toll Road to Heartbreak.

Somebody mentioned this is the last weekend for all the seasonal trails in Pisgah too, so maybe check out some of those before they're off limits til Oct. 15.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
It didn't rain too much. I would imagine that since it's been so dry the past few weeks, the trails shouldn't be too wet. Just a guess though.