Quantcast

Ride Suggestions

Feb 25, 2005
seattle, wa
Hey, I'm taking a newbie out riding on Sunday and am looking for suggestions on where to go. Like I said, he's fairly new, rides a beat down old Stumpjumper with toe clips and flat bars that keep coming loose. I've taken him to St. Ed's a couple times but I want to go somewhere different since I have the whole day to ride. I was thinking Black Diamond because it's fairly flat and there's enough fun stuff that I could ride without getting too bored (I consider myself to be at the upper end of the intermediate spectrum). I live in Seattle and he lives in Kirkland. Anyone?

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
A lot closer is Beaver Lake/Soaring Eagle/Section 36 park up on the plateau. About the same topography at Lake Sawyer/Black Diamond but more deciduous(sp?) forest. Real nice right now for a middle ring spin and there are maps with "you are here" at almost every junction. Mix and match and perfect for the beginner/intermediate. My 12 year old loves it. Otherwise, you are looking at Tolt or SST(not flow park area) for mellow riding, or even Banner Forest across the water. All places have info all over the web. Just Google them. All closer than driving out to Sawyer.