Quantcast

Ride the Gorge

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I know it's a bit far off in the distance, but I saw this and figured I'd mention it here. Sounds interesting.

Ride The Gorge: Buck Creek 2007
Saturday, June 23rd

Event Summary:
Ride The Gorge is a day of mountain biking that will provide the opportunity to explore three different single track rides from one base camp.

Base Camp will be centrally located within the trail system allowing riders to come and go as they please, ride at their own pace, and ride the trails as many times as they want.

Bike Shuttles will take the sting out of the 2000 ft climb. However you can ride to the top if you choose.

Buck Creek Trail is located near White Salmon, WA (15 minutes from Hood River).

The Trail:
There are 20+ miles of single track riding through a forest setting. Even most experienced rider will be challenged by the technical characteristics of the trail. There are fast downhill’s, tough climbs, and technical single track.
* The trails are best suited for intermediate to advanced riders

Admission is $20 and includes:
• Goodie bag and food
• Shuttles to the top of two of the three trails
• Guided group rides
• Entrance into raffle drawings

Goals:
• Bring mountain bikers together for a non-race event
• Promote CAMBA and attract new members
• Raise funds and awareness for CAMBA trail projects

Camping is available:

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Sounds like a good time. I need to get a ride weekend in there too. Hit Post and Dog River/Surveyors on the other side too. We'll talk when I'm down there the first weekend in June. You guys need to start getting that snow to melt!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Sounds like a good time. I need to get a ride weekend in there too. Hit Post and Dog River/Surveyors on the other side too. We'll talk when I'm down there the first weekend in June. You guys need to start getting that snow to melt!
It's doing a good job on it's own. Phil's is clearing nicely - I did a big loop out there the other day.