Quantcast

Ride to work day May 6th! (Annapolis)

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Hey. I'm volunteering to help with the Annapolis leg of the Bike to Work day and I was told to forward this message. I reckon I'll be there bright and early in the morning helping register folks and handing out goodies. If you register and show up you'll get a t-shirt, plus there are prize drawings. I think the website give directions for the Baltimore dealio too. So here it is:

Celebrate Bike 2 Work Day by joining the Annapolis Regional Transportation Management Association (ARTMA), Clean Commute Annapolis and the Baltimore Metropolitan Council on Friday, May 6th from 7:00 - 9:00 a.m. at the Annapolis City docks (next to the Market House). We'll have refreshments, t-shirts, giveaways and prizes including a commuter bike to show our support for area bicyclists. Register to attend at www.bike2workcentralmd.com and in order to be eligible for great prizes including the bike. Let's rally to make this event even larger than last year's event which attracted more than 125 cyclists!

May is National Bike Month and Clean Air Month. With our region's major traffic congestion and air pollution problems, one way to relieve these problems is to turn car commuters into bike commuters, especially for short commutes of five miles or less. The Bike 2 Work Day rally is a great way to promote the benefits of bicycling and we need your support!

Why have a Bike 2 Work Day?

To educate people that the bicycle is a clean and beneficial means of transportation.
To encourage people to try bicycle commuting.
To increase the public's awareness and respect for bicyclists.

Bicycling Benefits:

Improve health and fitness. Physically fit employees are more productive and miss fewer days of work.
Save money. Bicycle commuting saves parking fees, and fuel and maintenance costs.
Avoid traffic congestion.

For more information, visit www.bike2workcentralmd.com or call ARTMA at 410-897-9340 or 410-269-RIDE.

Heather McColl
Annapolis Regional Transportation Mgmt. Assoc. (ARTMA)
410-897-9340 or 410-269-RIDE
hmccoll@artma.org
www.artma.org

49 Old Solomons Island Road, #204
Annapolis, MD 21401