Quantcast

Ride with Big George Hincapie - Nov 20th

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC

it's a Road Charity Ride for a Greenville MTB Trail Project !

Ride with Big George Hincapie - Nov 20 2011 10:00AM

Plans are being made for a new park in downtown Greenville that will be home to mountain bike trails and a pump track. On Sunday, November 20, come join Big George Hincapie for a benefit bike ride that will raise money for this new park. The park will also include a memorial trail for Jeff Papenfus, an avid mountain biker and adventure racer who passed away suddenly in July. The road ride will begin at Hincapie Sportswear at 10am, and include 30 and 56 mile ride options. Big George Hincapie will join us for the longer ride. A silent auction will also be held to raise additional money. A $25 donation gets you a ride with George, lunch, beverages (BEER!) and post-ride activities. If you can't make the ride, your donation still gets you lunch and fun times.

Date: 11/20/2011

Time: 10:00AM

Where:
Hincapie Sportswear
45 Pete Hollis Blvd
Greenville, SC 29601

Route Info: We will be heading north from Hincapie, out Old Buncombe, take the frontage road in front of Walmart and weave our way out to North Greenville University. From there we will head up and over Callahan Mtn/Grunt Hill (counter-clockwise loop), left on Dividing Waters Road, and then work our way back towards town. Cue Sheets will be provided. If you want to skip Callahan, just turn around at the end of Tigerville Road. We will have roaming tech support and nutritional support if needed.

Special thanks to:

Thomas Creek Brewery for providing the post-ride refreshments!
Hincapie Sportswear for allowing us to use their wonderful venue!
Go-Greenevents.com for helping with the online donation site

If you are unable to attend but would still like to help there are a couple of options for you:
Donate here or
Mail a check, payable to:

Paceline Promotions
501 Summitbluff Drive
Greenville, SC 29617

If you have any questions about the event, please email them to info@pacelinepromotions.com, or check out the facebook page at Log In | Facebook.

The silent auction goodies are starting to roll in. Even if you cannot make it for the ride, show up in the afternoon to hang out, bid on some goodies and show your support!

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Broke and not spending one of my last riding days pre-surgery on the road but I forwarded it to my Dad. I hope it brings in some money. G'ville needs another riding area.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I'm confused why you think my office is in the ghetto. It's in one of the fastest-growing and fastest-appreciating parts of the central business district.
It's just a strange part of town to me. I see all the druggies walking back and forth between that gas station on the corner over to Lexington and the bums up the street lingering near the skate park. There had been talk at one point of the house right across from the skate park being condemned I think for being a drug house?

I spotted your building one night and stopped in to say hello, but you were out. While I was there, a chic in death metal goth stuff and a brood of chain smokers dragging a muzzled pit bull on a steel chain were walking by. I'm pretty sure a younger version of me was in the group.

So, yeah...just making a biased slur out of nowhere basically and acting overly judgemental. No offense.

So back on topic...when do we get to ride with George for the pipe dream of an urban bike park in Asheville I heard so much about?

Last edited: