Quantcast

Ridemonkey Bike #1

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BTW, stinky, please PM me if you need anything that I PM'd you about. I'll cover shipping wherever it has to go but I don't read a lot of RM threads so I might miss it if you just post a place to ship to.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
SkaredShtles said:
I was thinking I would donate it to someone who would rebuild it. :D

It's taken me almost 10 years now, and I haven't rebuilt it. :rolleyes:
Hopefully, I won't have to. I know there's a monkey out there with an entry level (or better) fork they can live without.

J

JRB

I think Wumpus may have one to rebuild. I am going to help him do it.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
stinkyboy said:
Hopefully, I won't have to. I know there's a monkey out there with an entry level (or better) fork they can live without.
Yep, got a judy race that needs an oil change. Loco is going to help me this weekend, and we should have it on the way by Monday.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
The first delivery has arrived, and we have yellow Oury grips for the bike! Generally not the first place to start a build, but MunkeeHucker just made my Christmas card list!

:thumb:

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Glad you got them
I didn't have much to offer, when I made the switch to 29"ers I basically unloaded 10 years of 26" parst I had acquired -so presently my parts stockpile is low,

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I've got a manitou black fork but it would need a much softer spring for a kid.

It's also disc only, but I could throw in a pair of hayes hfx 9s if we get a disc wheel set. That said, I've also got some old disc rims lying around if anyone has any hubs. I could build the wheels meself if someone sent me the hubs.

I've also got a medium 02 enduro frame that's been collecting dust but I guess that's too big for the intended recipient.

Let me know if this stuff fills any gaps.

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
I've got an older set of black hayes disc brakes i'd be willing to donate, along with some 6" rotors. They probably need to be bled though

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Definitely down with the brakes! A kid on his first real bike with discs = badazz of the neighborhood! I have some Mavic 321 disc wheels that I don't wanna part with, but will if necessary.

I haven't seen any other parts show up, so please people let's figure out which frame is the best, and will actually be sent.

Here's where we are now:

Loco: 13" frame?

Splat: Small frame, tires?

Kinghami: Trek Y Frame?

Loco/Wumpus: Judy Fork?

Kidwoo: Disc brakes, Manitou Black?

Binary Visions: A bunch of 7 speed stuff?

MunkeeHucker: Grips (Recieved)

SB: Truvativ bar, Truvativ stem, Cane Creek headset

DRB: Still worthless!

Corey: LX cranks (Steve is sending his RF's, so please save these for the next bike)

Steve: RF cranks?

Manci: Wheels (rim brakes)?

Sir Knight: Helmet?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have a Truvativ ISIS bottom bracket if the RF cranks are splined that I can toss in. Not sure what else I have, i will look tonight.

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
I think i still have an 02 Trek 4300 frame in the Garage its a 13", a 9 speed LX cassette, deore 9 speed shifters, Some gold specialized handle bars off my enduro,The stem off the Enduro, and the seat. If any of those help hit me up... Ill be home next week.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Gex said:
I think i still have an 02 Trek 4300 frame in the Garage its a 13", a 9 speed LX cassette, deore 9 speed shifters, Some gold specialized handle bars off my enduro,The stem off the Enduro, and the seat. If any of those help hit me up... Ill be home next week.
PM sent

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Ciaran said:
I have a pair of ritchey clipless pedals and new cleats I can donate to the effort.

The kid may need more experience before going clipless. I don't think pedals have been mentioned yet. Anyone?

J

JRB

I will be shipping 13"frame with a rigid fork and an old Judy race next week. I won't have any shifters or a deraileur though. The derailleur is on the cross bike, and the shifters have to be back up. I'll box this weekend to ship on Mon or Tues.

Oh yeah - and handlebars.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
loco said:
I will be shipping 13"frame with a rigid fork and an old Judy race next week. I won't have any shifters or a deraileur though. The derailleur is on the cross bike, and the shifters have to be back up. I'll box this weekend to ship on Mon or Tues.

Oh yeah - and handlebars.
Frame and fork a coming! I'm giddy! Hopefully this comes together in time for Christmas.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
stinkyboy said:
Frame and fork a coming! I'm giddy! Hopefully this comes together in time for Christmas.
So do you not want the black?

In all honesty the judy might be better anyway. My fork is set at 120mm which might be a little much and like I said, I'd still need to get a soft spring.

I've got headsets and drivetrain stuff too if you need. Just make a good list and detail what's missing I guess. I can throw in some other bits with the brakes.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I didn't bother to read through 8 pages, but I am willing to build something and throw in bits and pieces here and there (I work at a shop so I can get my hands on things). Stinkyboy, PM me and let me know if you need help. I'm on break from school starting in 4 weeks, and the break is 3 weeks long so I could throw at least 1 bike together in that time.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
stinkyboy said:

The kid may need more experience before going clipless. I don't think pedals have been mentioned yet. Anyone?
I've got some cheap platforms I could throw in, esp. if the parts are sent to me so I can build something.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
As you can tell by the thread, there has been a lot of responses :thumb: and I am waiting to see what actually shows up, and then post what is here, and what is still needed.

I spoke with Big Brother/Big Sisters, and they said they have 1500 kids, and pinpointing one would be unfair, (I have mixed feeling about that) but they gave me a contact of a foundation that helps single moms and such, so I'll call them today.

RM, do you wanna throw a monkey sticker on the bike, or is there be a liability thang?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
stinkyboy said:
As you can tell by the thread, there has been a lot of responses :thumb: and I am waiting to see what actually shows up, and then post what is here, and what is still needed.

I spoke with Big Brother/Big Sisters, and they said they have 1500 kids, and pinpointing one would be unfair, (I have mixed feeling about that) but they gave me a contact of a foundation that helps single moms and such, so I'll call them today.

RM, do you wanna throw a monkey sticker on the bike, or is there be a liability thang?
It would help to know where to mail stuff.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stinkyboy said:
I spoke with Big Brother/Big Sisters, and they said they have 1500 kids, and pinpointing one would be unfair, (I have mixed feeling about that)
Ahh, yes, since we can't give something to everyone, let's not give it to anyone :rolleyes:

You want me to mail this 7spd stuff? Give me an address and it'll go out.. if not tomorrow, Monday.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Here's where we are now:

Loco: 13" frame?

Splat: Small frame, tires?

Kinghami: Trek Y Frame?

Loco/Wumpus: Judy Fork?

Kidwoo: Disc brakes, Manitou Black?

Binary Visions: A bunch of 7 speed stuff?

MunkeeHucker: Grips (Recieved)

Pony Soldier: XT rear, Deore shifters (Recieved)

SB: Truvativ bar, Truvativ stem, Cane Creek headset

Steve: RF cranks?

Manci: Wheels (rim brakes)?

Sir Knight: Helmet?

Noobs have stepped up!

Thanks Pony!